waiting

Guest dinawayneandkids

Guest dinawayneandkids

hello very new to this sort of thing bit of a techno fobe

we are waiting for my husbands spouse visa to come from london our medicals have gone to australia and all the other paper work is in

we know we are doing the right thing but still have worries about jobs houses and kids fittin in even though the kids can't wait to go.

we are just frustrared with the lack of information you get about how long things take and what happens next

have found this website great and could quite easily loose track off time on it look forward to hearing from people in a similar situation

we are hoping to settle in banksia park loved glenelg when we were there for christmas 2007 but don't think we can aford to live there

a bit worried about the dollar being a bit low against the pound

bye for now dina

Guest Django

Hello and welcome officially to PIA.

As Rachel says you aren't unusual in having doubts. I think everyone goes through it. Even the most positive people suddenly get the wobbles. Just tell yourself why you are making the move and where you think your family is better off and you will put yourself back on track.

Good luck with everything

Pete

Guest caoimhe

Hi all welcome to the site.

We all have the same worries, since we started out on this journey 15 months ago the dollar has dropped and our house is on the market for £65,000 less than a neighbour got last summer but we still want to go. I get wobbles quite often but if you give off on here you'll get loads of help and sympathy ;)

Guest dinawayneandkids

good to hear its normal to feel a bit wobbly at times people think it's easy for me cause i was born there and have family there

but i have lived in the uk for 30 years and have only met some of my family a few times.

but on the 2 occasions i have visted i didn't want to come back to the uk:daydreaming:

Guest dinawayneandkids

we took a price drop with the house but nowhere near as big as yours you must really want to go hope your news comes soon an you sell your house we have been lucky our buyers are prepared to wait just don't want to keep them waiting too long want to be on that plane mid august!!!!

Guest dinawayneandkids
HI dina, we are at the same stage as you guys? , But have not sold house yet! good luck ATB Paul

we have e-mailed london again today all they say is once medicals are back from aus we will be at the next stage but doesn't say what next stage is bloody case officer will be sick of me e-mailin but there's alot to do!!!!!

are you waiting for a:v_SPIN: spouse visa

Guest dinawayneandkids

we are aiming for the 18th august, have seen some good flights that day and don't want to keep our buyers waitin' longer than we have to.

but however if we can get a desicion sooner and get a good deal on flights we will be gone sooner.

have far along are you?

Guest Dantor3000

we have sent our online visa application over a month ago, and are in for a wait as far as we can gather - will look to get meds done late July/Aug unless we get told to do them sooner (wishfull thinking!!)

we are aiming to go Jan 09 (if not before) as we want to get our kids started into school as earlier in the year as poss. we have a 10yr old and a 6yr old to get into school there and a 13month old to entertain!!