Hi folks - another new member

ken&wendy

Just like to introduce ourselves - there's me, hubby Ken and two girls aged 11 and 10.

Visa applied for April, so settling down for a long wait. Does anyone know if State Sponsored visas come through a bit quicker?

We're planning on coming out for a rekkie once visa comes through (unfortunately we didn't have time to do this beforehand) and will probably be looking at Hallet Cove/Flagstaff Hill/Aberfoyle Park direction.

Younger daughter not too keen on coming - other one can't get there quick enough - Ken & I just can't wait to get away from the typical English summer (It's freezing today and we're nearly in June!)

Anyway - hello to you all there and hopefully this time next year we'll be with you!

:)

Wendy

Guest Django

Hello Wendy,

Welcome to PIA. Can't help with the visa thing as we have a different visa. Enjoy the reckie. Hopefully your youngest will be won over by it.

I know what you mean about the weather. I've had the heating on all weekend.:sad:

Pete

Guest caoimhe

Hi Wendy

Welcome to PIA it's a get place to get all your questions answered

My 10 year old wasn't happy about the move at the start but we told him we would go and give it 3 years and if he still hated it we would talk about coming back. I am confident that after 3 years of sun, playing at the beach during the week and everything else he won't want to come back. He is now happy to give it a go, tell her it's your families big adventure

Guest dinawayneandkids

hello great to see more new people like us on the web isn't this site great we too are hoping to go soon but the paper work seems to take ages and it's so frustratin' good luck dina

Guest ali@51

I know what you mean about the weather. I've had the heating on all weekend.:sad:

Pete

Awww what a shame Pete We went for a swim:biglaugh:

Welcome to PIA it will go quicker than you think it took us 18 months to get it sorted and it only seems like yesterday we made the dicision and now we are here. My 8 year old didn't want to come either and now weve been here 10 day I wouldnt say she was extatic but she is starting to enjoy it and can't wait to get started at school. Good luck with the process.

Thanks for all your replies - it certainly is encouraging. We'll tell her anything if it helps - she's a stubborn wee monkey (doesn't get that from her mother though!). I'm sure the time will go much quicker that I imagine. I'm sure I'll have loads more questions for you all so watch this space.

Wendy

Hi Wendy

Our state nominated visa took almost a year to come through, but that was in 2006. Not sure if this helps or not! If you have an agent, they should be able to tell you how long visa apps are taking as they have an up to date list that they can look at. Good luck and will cross my fingers for you that it doesn't take too long! Also, don't worry about your daughter, I'm sure she will be fine. My daughter is 20 now and I've had a lot of if's but's and why's from her, but she is fine with it now.

A year! I was hoping that being state sponsored might hurry things up a little. I know that last August they had 3 times as many applications as usual, so there's a bit longer wait because of that, but I guess I'll just have to learn to be patient. I'll ask my agent like you suggest. Wendy