advise

Guest Amit

Guest Amit

hi tio all members of Poms of Adelaide , well me and my wife are from london . Goverment of australia has granted us SIR visa on o7 november 2007. our intial date of entry is 06 july 08 . we are still left lot of workHi to in london , can somebody guide us , can we make our initial entry after 06 july 08 , our visa is valid till 07 july 2011.

please members advice us , its really important for us to know

Amit(29) IT System Administrator

Shilpa(28) HR Administrator

Hi Amit

I think you have 1 year after the initial date of entry to get to Australia and activate the visas. After this first entry you can come and go as you please until your visa runs out. At some point you can apply for permanet residency if you want it, meaning you can stay here as long as you like and get government payments for your children if you have them in the future.

Guest soggy
hi tio all members of Poms of Adelaide , well me and my wife are from london . Goverment of australia has granted us SIR visa on o7 november 2007. our intial date of entry is 06 july 08 . we are still left lot of workHi to in london , can somebody guide us , can we make our initial entry after 06 july 08 , our visa is valid till 07 july 2011.

please members advice us , its really important for us to know

Amit(29) IT System Administrator

Shilpa(28) HR Administrator

I think you will have to enter by the 6th of July 08 on the SIR visa, it's is proberly about one year after you had police checks done or you medicals, both are only valid for a year, if you don't enter by then you may have a lot of extra work to do to get your entry date changed. Why not phone or email Australian immigration to find out ?

simon

Guest Amit

Thank you for reply . Do you mean that i can go to australia even after my initial date of entry. do i have to do medicals and police clearance again.

Guest Amit

Thank you for replyHow to contact australian immigration department . what reasons should to givethem to change my initial date of entry. do you think the will cancel our sir vsa i fear that.

You should check the letter that you were sent that issued your visa. It states on there when you have to enter Australia by, which by your post is 6th July. You then have until 2011 to move over there. But I think you will find you have to go by 6th July. Did you use an Agent? They should be able to tell you what you have to do. I think you will have a lot of problems if you try to change your initial entry date.