First two weeks over!!

Linda21

Well that's the first two weeks over - can't believe how fast it has flown by, it only feels like yesterday since we landed. Having said that, I also can't believe how much we have done in that time, from finding a long term rental, enrolling kids in schools, buying a car, finding a footie club for our eldest and all the other mundane things like tax, insurance, etc., I should be knackered by now!! Can't wait to start work on the 27th and have a rest! lol

Having said all that, it's great to be here even if the sun isn't shining so much. We've made some new friends and had a lovely Sunday lunch with friends we met on our reccie - thanks Flossybeth and family x It was also great this morning watching the bairn trying to surf (although there was hardly a wave to be seen - he's keen!) it made a change from the UK routine of prising him off a playstation!

Hope the next two weeks go as well and we continue to settle in. Thanks for all the help and advice to everyone on PIA as it has definitely made our move smoother.:notworthy:

One more thing - why are car parks so dark?? Totally lost the car tonight at Colonnades and spent ages walking around switching my key fob off and on hoping that my car was close enough to respond! Thankfully it was and I rescued it when it flashed it's lights at me across a very crowded car park!! Never felt so thankful to see it as I didn't even know a taxi number if it came to the worst and I didn't find it and didn't fancy the walk home! lol Oh the joys of new cars in new car parks!

One more thing - why are car parks so dark?? Totally lost the car tonight at Colonnades and spent ages walking around switching my key fob off and on hoping that my car was close enough to respond! Thankfully it was and I rescued it when it flashed it's lights at me across a very crowded car park!! Never felt so thankful to see it as I didn't even know a taxi number if it came to the worst and I didn't find it and didn't fancy the walk home! lol Oh the joys of new cars in new car parks!

Had the same issue at the colonnades yesterday , couldn't find the car, so I downloaded this app last night https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/find-my-car/id349510601?mt=8

If you have an iphone it will work for you, but I guess you could find similar apps on the android market as well. you basically open the app when you park and tap the location tag which shows the location on a map, so you can make your way back to the car without a problem.

Edited by NicF
Fixed quote

Good to hear how things are going for you :)

Re Colonnades, I find it an awful car park to use at any time of day, let alone in the dark :unsure: Part of the reason I never really go there anymore and instead head down to Marion when I need/want a large shopping mall. I find the range of shops at Marion better generally so tend to just head there as my first port of call.

Last time I was at Colonnades I saw someone hit a parking sign when turning into one of the parking areas. They knocked the pole right over so it smashed onto the car parked in the bay next to it and damaged the car. Driver who crashed into it just reversed back a bit and went on round and headed elsewhere into the mass of parking areas and didn't bat an eyelid :mad:

ETA - When you say footie, do you mean footy or soccer? I never called soccer soccer before moving here but wasn't into the game so it wasn't ingrained in my vocab, but it was always footy. Here footy isn't soccer, its footy and soccer is soccer. We were never into soccer in the UK so it wasn't really an issue to make the change in terminology and plus hubby is an Aussie so always called soccer soccer in England. I get when people talk about footy as being AFL fine and don't confuse the two but do get confused if others use footy for soccer and we are talking about different sports :goofy::cute: Now I've confused myself :wacko:

Edited by snifter