New to this forum....nervous and excited!

Ace

Hi, everyone...great to know this forum. My family had been granted Regional Sponsored (Subclass 489) visa. This coming June we'll be making our 1st entry (2 weeks) to Adelaide, hope to get more information on primary schools for my 2 school going children 10 & 11 years old, suburbs (with reasonable rental and nice neighbourhood), banking facilities, insurance and other matters which new migrant needs to know before we make our final move probably on Sep 2015.

Could anyone give us advice on the following:-

1.) how/where to find a short term accomodation whereby the rental is not too expensive, whilst we looking for permanent house and school if we make our big move on

Sep 2015,

2.) As we are from Malaysia (English is our second languange), do my kids need to go for English Language support ?

3.) Dos/Don't things for new migrants who is going to make our living down under

Your kind advice is much appreciated.

Best regards.

We have searched a few suburbs from real estate website e.g. Warradale, Fulham and Brighton. Apparently, we do not have any suburbs in mind yet. Our main concern is where to find (any website) a short term accomodation for us to stay e.g a week, months, whilst we looking for permanent house and school when we arrive.

Thank you for any reply.

We have searched a few suburbs from real estate website e.g. Warradale, Fulham and Brighton. Apparently, we do not have any suburbs in mind yet. Our main concern is where to find (any website) a short term accomodation for us to stay e.g a week, months, whilst we looking for permanent house and school when we arrive.

Thank you for any reply.

For short term furnished accomodation you could try Stayz.com.au or just google self catering holiday accommodation Adelaide and see what comes up. Also check out the accomodation available section on this forum as some of the members on here have holiday lets. 3 or 4 weeks in short term accommodation should be plenty of time to find somewhere long term.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

I have properties available and you are welcome to contact me for details and prices. (contact@homesdownunder.com.au) It's winter so I can give you a great rate....the longer you stay the less you pay.

I presently have a family staying with me who arrived with non English speaking children. They are from Sweden and their children didn't speak any English at all when they arrived. Their eldest girl was 11 and the their boy is 8. They enrolled at Port Noarlunga primary school. It is totally amazing just how quickly children pick it up! Their daughter is now at Warrianda (Morphette Vale) high school and their son is still at Port Noarlunga.

Hi Tamara,

We would also appreciate if you could give us some information about available properties for short term around August as we also move to Adelaide on a PR (190) Visa :). We are form Hungary and are very excited already... :)

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Robert

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Tamara,

We would also appreciate if you could give us some information about available properties for short term around August as we also move to Adelaide on a PR (190) Visa :). We are form Hungary and are very excited already... :)

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Robert

Hi Robert75,

I have sent you a couple of messages but am not sure whether you have received them?

If you would like a winter price for your stay please let me know.