Hi all

Guest SA Great

Guest SA Great

Hi all. I stumbled across this website a couple of months ago and found it really fascinating. We emigrated 17 years ago and after finding that i had so many answers to some of the questions I have decided to join up, so hi everyone!!

I would like to wish everyone who is about to emigrate all the best, it's not easy but it is worth it. Adelaide is a great city, spacious, well laid out, great beaches, cheap housing and hundreds of restaurants!! Some of the information posted on here is invaluable, even I have learnt some things!

Good luck to you all.

Guest steve&tracy

What a great first post.

We will be coming over in july and will need as much help as we can get. We know it will be hard and looking forward to the challenge.This site has been a great help to us and we thank everyone.

Yep this website isn't just for newbies, but for all Poms in Adelaide and to help out others if they struggle when they first arrive. It's a great way of meeting people.

I've been here 6 years now and my hubby has been out here 12 years. We love it!

Hi there

Great to have someone else on here with lots of knowledge. I'm looking at making the move Jan 09 with my daughter so i'm bound to have lots more questions as the time gets nearer and i start to panic a bit. As Steve and Tracey say, this site is a great help.

Emma +

Alicia (6)

Guest SA Great

You will be fine ems. As I once read in one of the emigration books, life is an adventure but a good diver checks his depth. So go for it but find out as much info as you can. I love that line!!!

Guest steve&tracy

Hi Ems (Emma)i notice you are from Bury St Edmunds. We used to live in Brantham Suffolk. But are living in Colchester at the moment with my Brother in law in Colchester. Nice to see more locals in the same neck of the woods giving it a go. We Will most probably bump into each other one day.

Good luck with everything.

Guest SA Great

LOL!!! I didn't say I know all the answers!! I would be stuck on visa requirements etc because it's changed quite a bit in 17 years but I could answer a lot of the out and about type of questions. Where to go, what to do, good and bad areas etc.

I find Rachiegarlo very interesting. She is a mine of information!!

Hi Ems (Emma)i notice you are from Bury St Edmunds. We used to live in Brantham Suffolk. But are living in Colchester at the moment with my Brother in law in Colchester. Nice to see more locals in the same neck of the woods giving it a go. We Will most probably bump into each other one day.

Good luck with everything.

Hi Steve and Tracey (not sure which of you is doing the night shift:SLEEP:)

Yes there are a few of us making the move, i've been in contact with a few others from round here and spoke to someone yesturday whos of to the Gold Coast on Saturday (saw them advertising furniture in the Bury Free Press and thought i'd find out where they were going so rang them up).

Hopefully we will all meet up, i'm sure i'll be calling out for advise when i get there.

Good luck with it all and i hope the move goes smoothley.

Emma

You will be fine ems. As I once read in one of the emigration books, life is an adventure but a good diver checks his depth. So go for it but find out as much info as you can. I love that line!!!

That is a great line. The good thing about the night shift is that you can spend a lot of time on the internet doing research (and a bit of work in bewteen).

Emma

Guest steve&tracy

Hi Emma we will be more than happy to help when you get there as hopefully we should have some experience of ozzy life. even if it's only a few months.

By the way it's Steve doing the night shift. only 2.5 hrs to go.

speak soon.