• Thank you goes a long way - If someone has taken the time to discuss and share their experiences with you then please be appreciative of that and thank them accordingly. This applies especially to the migration agents who give their time on the site for free.
• We don't walk in their shoes - If someone is offering to share their experiences please do not belittle them, make personal comments or judgements about their situation. It is not helpful to anyone and only detracts from the discussion at hand.
• Communicating on message boards is different from face-to-face communication. Only the words are seen, not your facial expressions or tone of voice. Please pay careful attention to how you use your words. Remember that the words you enter in a burst of passion or indignant anger will be there for you and everyone else to see, sometimes long after those intense feelings have passed. That's not meant to discourage spontaneity, but just a friendly reminder of the long-term existence and effects of what you post. You may, from time to time, find yourself in disagreement with someone else's opinion. At times like these, please keep in mind it's safer and more polite to take issue with the comments rather than the person
1. Be respectful to your fellow members, moderators and administrators. This is a friendly and great environment; we wish to keep it that way so please treat others as you would like to be treated and please respect other members rights to express an opinion which may differ to your own.
2. Please keep your language clean and decent. This includes personal inflammatory language as well as obscenities. Swear words that used to be totally unacceptable 10 years ago are now used in daily life, we will therefore be more lenient with words like sh1t, FGS, FFS and the like. However there are still words we will not permit therefore your post may be edited/deleted if deemed necessary.
3. You agree not to hold Pomsinadelaide.com or its members liable for anything stated within the forums and that messages posted at this site are the sole opinion and responsibility of the poster.
4. Postings that are deliberately designed with the intention of driving traffic to a member's site, affiliated sites, FB or other social networking sites/forums will be removed or edited as the moderator(s) feels appropriate. If in doubt before posting these type of links please contact the administrator or a member of the mod team.
5. Trolling will not be tolerated. For the purposes of this forum, a 'troll' is defined as someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages on the forum, or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion. Please do not refer or accuse members of being a troll or trolling. If there are posts or a thread of concern, please report the posts in question and moderators can take a look. Posts calling others a troll will be removed.
6. Pomsinadelaide.com is not the appropriate medium for personal or private vendettas. This forum should not be used to attempt to resolve personal problems or to 'name & shame' fellow members, migration agents, service providers or anyone else and posts that fall into this category may be deleted by moderators where it is considered necessary. Please email the company directly to attempt to resolve these issues in the first instance.
7. Members are only permitted one account. Any member who deliberately sets up a secondary false account to troll or post under will be banned. If you have forgotten your username and wish to create a new account or you require a secondary account for another family member, please contact admin. If a member is banned, because of how the forum bans work, other people in their household will also be affected and unable to post.
8. Members found to be accessing the forum via an anonymizing proxy without prior authorisation from the administrator will have their account suspended sine die.
9. Members are not to post obscene, vulgar, racist, offensive or illegal posts, links, or images. Any posts/visitor messages/private messages/avatars/photos containing such content will be removed and could lead to a warning or a ban if necessary.
10. As this is an English speaking community, we require that posted content be in the English language, so that it can be well received and properly monitored.
Moderators and administrators - Moderator decisions/infractions/bans
1. Please remember that moderators are volunteer helpers that are here to ensure the forum runs smoothly. Please respect this if they have to contact you or edit, remove or add additional comments to your threads or posts. Abusing moderators will NOT be tolerated under any circumstances.
2. Moderators may move your post if it becomes more relevant or pertinent to another part of the forum.
3. If you report a post/member all moderators receive a notification. Please be aware we are not online 24/7 and so it may take a little time till someone can look at the post(s) in question. Moderators will assess the reported post and decide on a course of action. This may mean a post is deleted, edited or moved. It may also be that a post is deemed suitable to leave as it is and no action taken.
4. Infractions and bans are private between the moderators, administrators and the member receiving the infraction. Please respect that we do not discuss these matters on the open forum. Should you receive an infraction you will see this in an Infraction tab on your own profile page when you are logged in. This tab is only viewable to the person receiving the infraction and mods/admin. Other members cannot see this information when they view your profile page.
5. Should you have any issues with a moderator then you should in the first instance attempt to resolve the issue via off-forum correspondence (email/PM) with the moderator concerned. However, please do this in a polite manner and note that personally abusing moderators will not be tolerated in these circumstances. Alternatively you may prefer to resolve the matter by contacting the site administrator.
6. Discussions about moderator or administrator actions are welcome in email or local private messages but must not be placed in the public forums or on the visitor message board, (this includes threads created to discuss members who no longer have a PIA account or who may have been banned or received an infraction) any such threads will be removed by admin/mods and infractions may be issued.
7. Banned members: When a ban expires, members may be placed in a probationary usergroup for a period of up to 3 months. *The probationary usergroup does not have full access to all site functionality* After the probationary period has expired the member, at the administrators discretion will be returned to the regular member usergroup.
Personal contact information
Please do not include your email address, phone number and other personal details in any posts you make other than in the specified forums listed below. As an alternative to using your email address we recommend you use the forum's Private Messaging system (PM) when asking other members to contact you. When you receive a PM, you will be notified by email. People will also reply directly on the open forum.
Site sponsors may include their contact information on the open forum.
* Jobs and Careers - Only members advertising a situation vacant may include a contact email or phone number. Please do not post in reply with your personal contact infomation such as phone number or email address. You can read the contact information for the Jobs and Careers forum http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/jobs-careers/46546-situations-vacant-contact-information-update.html
* For Sale/Wanted - Advertisers may include a contact phone or email. Or may specify you contact them via PM or in the thread. We have other rules for this area of the forum which can be read http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/sale-wanted/45447-advertising-rules-sale-wanted-forum.html * Sports and Recreation - Sports clubs or teams (ie soccer/cricket/rugby seeking new members/players), may list their website or contact number/email of the person organising or in charge (ie team coach/manager or club committee member). Please do not post Facebook links or other social media links. Recommendations
* You may start a thread asking for members to recommend a trade or business to you (eg if seeking an electrician/plumber/mechanic/gardener/carpet fitter/builder), however threads started recommending a company/service or posting to promote your own business may be deleted at the discretion of PIA Moderators.
* We encourage recommendations for dining/eating out, activities, places of interest and the like. If recommending and wanting to include a link please try to use an official website link and not a Facebook page link. Not everyone has a Facebook account (its true!) and therefore will not be able to view the Facebook page. Moderators may remove Facebook links and replace with an official website link.
Signatures for general membership (please see below for information on business member signatures and rules)
1. Two lines of standard size text only please. We allow use of coloured fonts in personal signatures. Larger signatures may be edited to fit within these requirements.
2. Please do not include personal contact information or social networking links in your signature.
Business Rules – For members advertising a business on the forum
1. Before advertising any business or service on Pomsinadelaide.com please contact the administrator. Any posts deemed to be advertising material without the consent of the administrator may be deleted.
2. Business members may have a business signature. These are a great way of promoting your online business and we encourage their use on the board and within profiles.
• Please keep signatures to a maximum of two lines of plain text. Do not include images/smilies, large text or banners. Business signatures must also be clear of font colouring and styling. Examples of which may include bold or italic styling. The only exception to the two line rule is for migration agents who are permitted three lines, due to the requirement to display their Migration Agent Registration Number and Business Members who wish to include their ABN. Larger signatures may be edited to fit within these requirements.
• Only one external link to a business website is allowed in a signature. Phone numbers and social networking links are not to be included in a business signature.
3. You may not post your company name or company logo as your username or avatar, unless you have had prior permission from admin.
4. Service providers using this function purely to promote their own wares without adding value to the community are likely to be removed and/or edited. Please seek prior permission from the administrator prior to advertising your service (See point 1 above). Contributing as a forum member elsewhere round the forum is encouraged. If its felt your account is only being used to self promote it may be reviewed.
5. Business Members (& their employees) are prohibited from starting threads with the sole purpose of promoting their business, product or service.
6. Please be aware that members who have a free business signature and who receive a ban may have their business signature removed when it is issued or if placed on probation.
7. Site sponsors are the only ones permitted to promote themselves across the forum.
Renting and Realestate
1. We no longer accept free advertising of rental properties on the forum, please use a signature.
2. Advertising of private "lease breaks" is allowed (and also if a first post). These are to be placed in the Rentals Available section. (We may require proof/confirmation from the agent that the advertised property is a 'lease break') and will go into moderation pending moderator approval.
3. Once a lease break listing becomes unavailable or a house for sale is sold, please post in the thread and let others know. This helps ensure the forum contains up to date information for members searching for property.
4. Properties for sale may be placed in the general For Sale/Wanted section.
5. Advertising of rental property is either by paid advertising or accumulating enough posts over a period of time. See here for more details - http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/...ease-read.html
5. Advertising of rental property by proxy is not allowed. Posts advertising rental property by proxy will be deleted.
These may be promoted across the forum as long as:
* They are a non-profit event OR
* They are for charity AND
* They do not direct members to other sites, Facebook and other social networking sites.
Please see the second post in this thread for what is and isn't classed as Not For Profit or Charity.
We reserve the right to amend or change these rules, disclaimers and notices at any time. Members need to check back to the forum rules for possible changes. We may not always inform via a post or new thread to let you know they have been amended.