hello

Guest nurse sue

Guest nurse sue

hi,

me and my other half and kids are hoping to move to adelaide next summer ... still undecided as to which visa we are applying (long story - been on the migration trail for about 6 years now!) but will see where we are in the new year!

forum looks very helpful so far ... hope i can contribute in some way too

sue :jiggy:

Guest Django

Hi Sue and welcome to PIA

still undecided as to which visa we are applying

Cut and dried decission as far as I'm concerned. Subclass 175. You will be able to change jobs as you like, claim benefits for the kids and it is permanent residency. Have you done anything towards the visa yet? Skill assessment? Registered?

Pete

Guest nurse sue
Hi Sue and welcome to PIA

Cut and dried decission as far as I'm concerned. Subclass 175. You will be able to change jobs as you like, claim benefits for the kids and it is permanent residency. Have you done anything towards the visa yet? Skill assessment? Registered?

Pete

Hi Pete,

I dont satisfy the 20 hours a week rule as ive been working 15/wk for the last year - prior to that hours were variable - just increased my hours, so will see how things progress as to whether we wait until i do satisfy the rule - then apply for 175 - or go earlier on a temp visa and apply for PR onshore when i finally do satisfy the rule. other half is looking forward to some time off work when we get there so kids are sorted and im happy to get my career off the floor again :D

We did look into stni but that is hours dependant too - would go ENS if i could find an employer willing to go that route, but i dont want to be tied to one employer for too long ...

will sort out registration then skills assessment after 31 aug as thats the annual reg date for nurses in sa; will also need to do IELTS to get the extra points to get us over the 120 mark if we go for a 175.

:)

Guest Django
Hi Pete,

I dont satisfy the 20 hours a week rule as ive been working 15/wk for the last year -

We had something similar when we started the process. At the time it was working so 18 months in the last 2 years. Tracey didn't meet this as she had Mat leave and that didn't count as 'employed'. Luckily they chaged the ruling and we did qualify.

I now see your quandry. Especially with children the benefits would help. If you have a bit of cash behind you then I would say go for a sponsored visa and then get PR. If you are like us (skint:biglaugh:) I would qualify first and go straight for the 175.

Pete

Guest nurse sue
We had something similar when we started the process. At the time it was working so 18 months in the last 2 years. Tracey didn't meet this as she had Mat leave and that didn't count as 'employed'. Luckily they chaged the ruling and we did qualify.

I now see your quandry. Especially with children the benefits would help. If you have a bit of cash behind you then I would say go for a sponsored visa and then get PR. If you are like us (skint :biglaugh: ) I would qualify first and go straight for the 175.

Pete

sure are ;)

yes, it makes sense to wait until we qualify, but i work for nhs professionals so hours can be a bit hit and miss!! we dont want to leave it any later than sept 09 as my daughter would be starting her second year at senior school and im afraid we would be hitting stroppy teenage years by then and shes likely to refuse to go!!!!!!!!! I worry that the processing times will start to take 6 months+ by the time we qualify ... which at the moment would be around mid may 09 :swoon: as it is!

thanks for taking the time to reply,

sue :)