pets in adelaide...

Guest sassy

Guest sassy

hi every1.. am new here an we ( hubby an kids) are setting things in motion now to emmigrate to adelaide...my sister an her family are all ready in process....jsut a question tho...my hubby thinks i am mad but dont think i can leave my beloved cat!!!!!!! has any 1 taken theirs or no any1 who has??? my sister is taking her dog but she also thinks i am crazy for wanting to take Coco(my cat)....any advice...x

Well I must be mad with you then :goofy: - we're taking my 14 year old cat TC and my OH completely mental border terrier puppy (watch out Adelaide is all I can say).

Adelaide Bound (link below) has loads of links to companies who ship out pets - have had a few quotes already myself - range anything from £1200 up to £3000 - the higher quotes covers the quarantine in Melbourne and vets fees etc for both. Not cheap, but they are part of the family!

http://www.adelaidebound.com/

Kim x

Guest brina

Hi from another :goofy: one also taking the cat.

My hubby also thinks im insane for taking ours and hes not alone in telling me so , how come people understand you taking a dog but think youve completely lost it for taking the cat. Personally cant consider leaving either behind.

As Kim says the quotes can vary so worth shopping around ive had 3 or 4 now and all different so still looking . sorry cant be any more help ...

Brina

Guest sassy

thanks to both eqally crazy chicks!!!:v_SPIN: Brina you are soo right wots the difference betwen the dog and cat????? and i couldnit possibly leave her she is still young...only 14months old...am gonna worry bout her tho cos she is a wanderer and hunter. she has brought me no end of wild treats...lol:shocked:

Mine will literally munch anything whether it moves or its still!! Dog daren't go near her for too long or else :biglaugh: Luckily she doesn't leave too many "pressies" on the doorstep any more - she chooses to gobble them up all for herself and I usually find bits under the car:shocked:

Guest Django

Hi Sassy and welcome to PIA.

If you want to take your cat then take your cat. ;) I think I'm crazy taking the kids and all their toys. :biglaugh: Good luck on your quest for Oz.

Pete

Guest Django
HI, no ones mentioned gold fish ?, do you think it will be ok in my thermos flask?

Chuck him in your nearest river and let him follow the container ship. That way you can avoid the airline costs. ;)

Pete

Guest Sharon and Paul
Chuck him in your nearest river and let him follow the container ship. That way you can avoid the airline costs. ;)

Pete

just because his name is Nemo , no need to be nasty!.:shocked:

I say bring them if you want to. We took the decision to re-home our cat because he was about 13 years old and we didn't think it was fair to put him through the stress of flying and quarantine. He went to a lovely smallholding in Wales, surrounded by horses, donkeys, dogs and cats and acres of fields full of mice! I still miss him now, I don't particularly miss my family but I've cried buckets over that cat!

Guest the4hopes
I say bring them if you want to. We took the decision to re-home our cat because he was about 13 years old and we didn't think it was fair to put him through the stress of flying and quarantine. He went to a lovely smallholding in Wales, surrounded by horses, donkeys, dogs and cats and acres of fields full of mice! I still miss him now, I don't particularly miss my family but I've cried buckets over that cat!

Do you know if they would have 2 more cats????!! We need to find homes for our 2 beauties, I can't bear to even start writing notices for them, they will be all we will miss!!!

Laura x

Guest Sharron & Andrew

Well, I don't think any of you are mental. I've just found out that I wont be able to take our dog Dylan as he has a heart murmour, we've had him since he was six weeks old and I don't know how I'm going to tell the boys. I just can't bare the thought of leaving him behind.

As for '[John Arne] Riise' (the goldfish for obvious reasons), he will be set free in the local duck pond. Hopefully (and I mean this in the best possible way) Mouse - the hamster won't be around when the time comes, she is getting on a bit, so may be in the garden by then!!

Guest Deb17

Paid the equivalent of $5000 to bring our two cats to Adelaide. Sadly, one died right at the end of her quarantine in Melbourne from some unspecified liver ailment. The other promptly did a runner about six weeks after we got him out here. Probably got eaten by a snake, poor chap. I do think quarantine is very stressful for the animals and even though your heart says to bring moggy with you it might be kinder all round to try and find him/her a good home. I wish I'd done that with my 2.

Guest sassy

Hi Deb...been thinkin about it alot an am very worried as my female cat is such a hunter!!!!!! would hate the thought of her being dinner for a snake..makes me shiver as she is a loving cat someody has already offered her an my 2 bunnies a lovinh home...it is gonna break my heart to leave her but i think its gonna b for the best...sarah..x

Hi,

Me and OH have been having a very long conversation about this subject again! TC my ever faithful cat will be 15 by the time we get to go - me I would take her no matter the cost, but I'm going to have to be realistic. What if she has some ailment that prevents her from going, then I'm going to have to leave her behind.

I think at the end of the day if I know she's going to a good, safe home I think we're going to have to leave her behind 9_9.gif' alt='rolleyes.gif' alt='9_9'>.gif'> . Don't think she would cope well with the quarantine.

As other people have said - think I will miss her more than my family and some so called friends!!!

Kim x

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZNxdm824YYGB