Hi all

Gary1980

Hi just a quick intro

have been reading here and getting some good outlooks, so thought I'd better introduce myself :)

my names Gary, me the good wife and the 3 kids (9,6,4) are planning to make the plunge in the new year,

we live in Belfast at the moment, our reasons for moving are possibly the same as most lifestyle weather future etc

we have the usual mix of excitement fear and expectations ( I think)

Found there's so many things to think of and the people here seem friendly and helpful (apologies in advance for approx 1 million questions)

looking forward to sharing the experience

Gary+Lindi+Megan+Erin+Harry

Hello and welcome to the forum :) Your first few posts will need to be approved by a mod and also the PM system won't kick in for a while.

Good to have you join us. Are you going to be moving over in the new year or starting on the visa process then?

We are a small friendly bunch on here I like to think. Hopefully the forum will give you some help with your research and so on and please make use of it and ask any questions you may have. Some stuff can be found using the search feature on here but other stuff changes over time so older threads may no longer be as relavant.

I've been here a couple of years just over now. Married to an Aussie who spent 8 years in the UK with me and then we moved back here with our son. Loving it. A few bumps as we've gone along but nothing we've not been able to overcome or work out. All up, its been a good move for us and though I have some concerns about what the long term future holds for us here, its nothing we cannot change or prepare for if we do decide to move on from Adelaide or move elsewhere in the world. Right now, happy as anything and enjoying life.

I visited Belfast finally a few years ago. Had a lovely long weekend there with my hubby.

• 2 weeks later...

Have to say am impressed could imagine it a lot harder with 3 teenagers, my eldest (9yr old) is the one we are most worried about but reckon she'll love it when there,

should be starting visa next week so we could be out very soon mid feb if all goes smooth so am trying to sort and make sense of quite a bit,

I think the winters in Oz will be ok for us we live on the outskirts of Belfast

• 1 month later...

Hi Gary and Welcome,

We are new to the forum and heading out to Adelaide in the next few months, everyone on here are very friendly and helpful and there is loads of information about everything you need on here.

Well done getting the visa sorted :biggrin:

all the best

Phil

Yeah kind of caught us off guard coming so quick as we had expected a few week more being over holiday period, the Reality of so much to do has kicked in a bit:huh::huh:

Flights booked we arrive on the 3rd of March which sounds funny but made things more real, kids are all really excited which is great :)

Hi Gary and Welcome,

We are new to the forum and heading out to Adelaide in the next few months, everyone on here are very friendly and helpful and there is loads of information about everything you need on here.

Well done getting the visa sorted :biggrin:

all the best

Phil

yes bud really helpful forum, tbh a bit of a god send just even to know that theirs helpful people where were going and they all understand the big move emotions and fears lol

Have a couple of weeks to clear heads then will try to sort on what area have a few places were fond of like Darlington and Marion but proofs in the pudding, also a previous work mate of my wife's who is also there has offered to be generous with his time in helping keeping us right,

tbh so far everyone we've dealt with have been helpful and friendly which has really been great

boxes arrive today so a busy week ahead :)