Just Started

Guest bev_stef

Guest bev_stef

Hi we are Bev, Stefan and kids Andrew 3 1/2 and Luke 9 mths. We are hoping to progress to the SIR 495 visa, and we have just had our forms sent off to Vetaccess for our skills assessment. Has anyone had experience of these and how long they take to come back with their yes/no.

Guest happy-jools

Hi Bev & Stefan and the boys

Welcome to PIA.

We went through TRA for our skills assessment and it took about three weeks for it to come back (positive, Yeah). Not sure about Vetaccess though - hopefully someone else will help.

:roll:

Guest Django

Hello people :D ,

Hope someone can help you. We will get our skills assessed by the ANMC when the NMC finally pull their finger out and do their bit. :x

Pete

Hi Bev & Stef

We too are on a SIR495 and we were assessed by vetasses......I think ours took about 9 weeks...have a look at my time line below....I remember being really gutted hearing about how others only took 4 weeks, but then also read about those who waited 11weeks..........

....fingers crossed that yours are too long - you'll be really relieved when you get it back and really excited about getting onto the next part of the visa....then you'll be all anxious and playing the waiting game all over again!

good luck - hope it arrives soon

sarahx

Guest bev_stef

Hi all

thanks for your welcome messages. Thank you Bex and Sarah for your details on Vet assessments. Good luck to you both. I guess its just a case of sitting and waiting now, hope i have some finger nails left by the end of this, already chewing and only at the start!!

Guest cunnah10

Hi Bev and Stef

This is the very 1st time i have come across the website and your message was the 1st that took my eye as we too are waiting for our SIR visa to be processed.We are a family of 6: Gill,Tom and 4 young kids ranging from 2 yrs to 9 yrs.We are heading for Adelaide hopefully by the end of this year.We should hear anyday now that our TRA application has been sucessful hopefully.It has taken about 4 weeks upto now.Next we have to wait for a successful government state sponsorship,which we think is about the same time scale and then we wait for the visa to come through which we have been told should be about 6 months.Where are you heading for and when do you hope to relocate?

Guest bev_stef

Hi Gill and Tom

We're hoping to head off to Adelaide by June?July '08, judging on the rough timescales we're hearing. If all the paperwork get approved we still have to sell the house, so Its seems a long way to go yet. Just keeping fingers crossed for that first step really at the moment.

This is a great site and have been reading so much info even before signing up. Everyone is so helpful and friendly. I think that really helps when your heading off to a new country all alone( apart from the family that is).

Bev

Guest cunnah10

Hi Bev My 9 year old was being "helpful" and decided to send you the last message via a "private message" so I don't know if you will receive it in the same way as the last one!Sorry i'm very new and novice at all this!

Hope you got it ok?

Guest The Bowmans

Hi Bev and Stef

Welcome to the site and to the whole Aussie visa adventure! We are appling on a 495, John's skills were asessed by TRA and that took 3 weeks from submission to receiving the positive assessment back. With TRA you can pay more to have your assessment fast-tracked, which is what we did. Not sure if Vetassess offer the same option but it might be worth checking it out if your timeline is tight....

Good luck and if you need any more help; just shout.

Deena :D

Guest cunnah10

Hi Again Bev do hope you don't think that i am ignoring any messages that you may have just sent to me.I have just received 2 emails telling me a message has come through on my private mail and through the original system.But I can't find one on either.Sorry if it is you replying to me!Wereabouts in Adelaide do you hope to settle and do you know anybody there?Do keep in touch nice to chat to someone in the same situation.Now that i have found this great new site i will be using it all the time.

Guest RandC

Hi Bev and Steph

Welcome to the site and the rollercoaster of migration. OMG Sarah 11 weeks for vetassess - eek will have to get cracking - the big birthday looming in October :oops: Good suggestion about investigating fast-tracking Deena - off to check that now.

Cari :)

Guest cunnah10

Hi Sarah I have just found this website by accident today.We too are relocating to Adelaide on the SIR visa hopefully at the end of this year,we have our fingers crossed before Christmas.There will be me,Hubby and 4 young kids 2.6.8 and 9 years old.We are very excited and also rather nervous having never visited or even know anyone there.Are we mad or very brave?Whereabouts do you hope to settle?You must be so excited not long till August.You only waited 4months for your visa to come through after application being lodged last December.That is so quick!

Good Luck!Keep in touch let us know how you are getting on!!

Guest dglamoore

Hi Bev and Stefan and kids

A belated hi and welcome - only just come across this thread :lol: Small world it is as we lived in Exeter until last Wednesday and there was never many in our neck of the woods moving to Adelaide :lol:

Good luck with your visa application :D

Lisa