We have arrived

Guest maggie

Guest maggie

Hello

Myself and family arrived in adelaide from Liverpool two weeks ago. Really stressful I have to say. Didnt get to contact some people before we left everthing went so fast. But we are here now and not really sure what to make of the place. I am a mental health nurse if anyone has any info on jobs from city centre to south adelaide please let me know as I am starting to panic. My husband worked on railway and got told there was alot of work here, he hasnt found any yet. I think when we are both in jobs we will settle a bit more. Really enjoying our days out even though it is winter we all love going for a walk down the beach. Kids having a ball. Would be greatful for any advice.

Marie x:wubclub:

Hi Maggie.

It is difficult to start initially, on top of always wondering if you have done the right thing there is the job hunting to contend with.

In my findings the Australians did not seem to have the same sense of urgency when it comes to job hunting as the Brits and it can get frustrating and worrying.

Carrying on enjoying the walks and just keep plugging away, something will come up for you both, I'm sure.

Andy & Stacey

Guest kelseyliz
Hello

Myself and family arrived in adelaide from Liverpool two weeks ago. Really stressful I have to say. Didnt get to contact some people before we left everthing went so fast. But we are here now and not really sure what to make of the place. I am a mental health nurse if anyone has any info on jobs from city centre to south adelaide please let me know as I am starting to panic. My husband worked on railway and got told there was alot of work here, he hasnt found any yet. I think when we are both in jobs we will settle a bit more. Really enjoying our days out even though it is winter we all love going for a walk down the beach. Kids having a ball. Would be greatful for any advice.

Marie x:wubclub:

Hi and welcome to Adelaide. My mum is a mental health clinician. She recommends

http://www.health.sa.gov.au/careers hope this is helpful

Lisa

Guest alan smallman

Hi Maggie

We recently returned from reccie and whilst we were out there we picked up a copy of The Advertiser (it's a newspaper that's out everyday but on Saturday's it has a Job Opportunities pull-out along with Property For Sale pull-out etc) which we found quite useful. You may have already done this. so sorry if this is a case of stating the obvious, but I thought it might be worth highlighting from your husband's point of view, as (altough my wife and I are nurses and have secured jobs) there were one or two that appealed to me that were none-nursing!

Good Luck

Alan