Thinking of moving to Oz

NickieMaxinson

Hi Everyone,

Came across this forum via a google search and had a little peak at your posts & decided to make a thread in the hope of some help & advise.

I'm a single mum to a little boy and my mother and I have decided we would like to move to Oz. My sister lives in Melbourne so we most likely can get in through that way. However we don't wish to live in Melbourne or Sydney having watched on TV home or away we noticed a lot of people go to Adelaide and it seems appealing to us! The problem we have is its not on our door step. when we lived in Spain we could holiday there often finding out locations and the people until we was 100% happy so moving to Oz is a big gamble and very scary! We are not looking to move now because we still have 2 old dogs and my mother doesn't wish to put them to sleep before their time nor does she wish for them to make such a big journey.

Basically I wanted to list a few things and with your knowledge you can point us in the right direction (fingers crossed!)

* So as I stated I am a single mum so good schools and just an over all nice way of life for children to grow up in is important to us.

* I am a self employed dog groomer working from home so need to be in a good area for my work.

* We don't want to be out in the sticks but at the same time not in the city

* Be nice to be around other ex pats but not a must! I am British and my mum is German

Not sure what else to right really but any help and advise would be very much appreciated

Hello and welcome :)

First off, I'd check and see if you are eligible for a visa of any kind. I am not sure dog grooming is on the SOL or CSOL

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1

Also, depending on circumstances it may be your mother won't qualify for a visa and/or will have to wait a long time to gain one.

I'd start with the links I gave and have a read and see if you could qualify for a visa and also then if your mother could.

Hello and welcome :)

First off, I'd check and see if you are eligible for a visa of any kind. I am not sure dog grooming is on the SOL or CSOL

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1

Also, depending on circumstances it may be your mother won't qualify for a visa and/or will have to wait a long time to gain one.

I'd start with the links I gave and have a read and see if you could qualify for a visa and also then if your mother could.

Thank you for the links will look through them. We was hoping for a family visa as my sister married a ozzy and has herself been living in oz for 11 yrs. I think my mum would get in a she can show her money and pensions but your right I think my dog grooming might be a problem.

I'm not sure the family visa is a viable option anymore these days. I don't know if the visa even exists anymore.

Its not about showing the money, its about paying the visa fees and meeting the requirements. There are different types of parent visas, the cheaper ones have a long wait time, something like 30 years. The more expensive one is quicker but costs a heap.

I really think you should research if any of you could or would be able to pursue a visa and be prepared that its not an easy process and may cost a fair amount of money.

I'm not sure the family visa is a viable option anymore these days. I don't know if the visa even exists anymore.

Its not about showing the money, its about paying the visa fees and meeting the requirements. There are different types of parent visas, the cheaper ones have a long wait time, something like 30 years. The more expensive one is quicker but costs a heap.

I really think you should research if any of you could or would be able to pursue a visa and be prepared that its not an easy process and may cost a fair amount of money.

ok thank you x