Newbie - arriving 4th April!!

Matsrossco

Hi everyone - just a quick post to confirm we're arriving on 4th April, me, wife and 17yo son. We'll be staying in Tanunda as my job is in the barossa valley. My wife and son are staying for 2 weeks then returning to UK for my son to finish high school before returning mid-June.

Hope to catch up soon for some advice on how my 17yo son can make teenage friends and both of us can meet families in a similar situation, settle into this area, life if Adelaide and find the best places to visit/eat.......so many questions!!!

What a lovely spot to be going to hope it all works out well for you

Thinking your son should join a spots club of some sort as he wont be going to school ? Or does he plane to do UNI

Dont forget to pack some Woolies ie layers of clothing as my family said its cooling down now

Hope you enjoy your stay and travel safe we are counting the days now until we get back

You won't be short of things to do in Tanunda. Lots of lovely places to eat and drink. Quite a touristy little town but lovely. I take my car for servicing there and spend the day mooching around the shops and have a bite to eat etc. There is a decent sports centre there, lots of bike/walking trails and golf/bowling so hopefully your son might meet friends there. If he's into sport he should be able to meet people easily. Exciting times.

Thanks for your advice - my son loves sports, golf, fishing and the gym so it sounds like a great location to meet teenagers his age. The places to eat and drink will keep us occupied and we plan to drive round the area looking at what this part of the world offers for a permanent house. We're so looking forward to arriving!!

The weather can't be any worse than Scotland - 6 degrees and very wet!!! Hope the sun shines and from what I can see on the forecast it will be a lot warmer. T-shirts and sun cream for us ........

Layers Matsrosscro trust me lol You may not feel the cold at first as you not acclimatised but when the winter sets in you will

We had a friend from Berwick told by a travel agent Oh you won't need a jacket or winter clothes in Australia Luckily she listened to her sister who lives in Adelaide and brought her jacket and layers

We went down to Mount Gambier in Septmeber and she froze ! Has bed socks on in the motel

Aussie houses are just not ,in my option , as well warmed in winter as a UK house

Keep giving updates on your journey and travel safe

You'll be up north which is a fair way from us but if we are up your way I'll give you a shout. I've been here 2.5 years now and only been up that way a handful of times. Or if you are ever down our way and we are around, happy to say hello.

I know there are a few members up that way, hopefully you can get together with them and I know others are happy to meet up somewhere neutral.

Thanks for the advice - jackets and fleeces now packed!!! Final day packing and off to Glasgow airport on Sunday morning (UK) time. Hope we can meet up with ex Poms on this forum once we arrive to make friends and help us settle into our new life....

If the weather in Glasgow is anything like Sunderland is today you can wear your fleece to go to the aiport lol

Have a safe trip and enjoy