newbie to pia

waynecaz

Guest dinawayneandkids

hi welcome to pia it's a great site and by reading other peoples questions you realise everyone thinks the same and what you thought might be a silly question isn't really we think this site is great and a goood read when the footie is on

good luck dina:wubclub:

Guest sassy

Hey Caz, welcome to the site.....we too are just at the begining of what seems like a long long journey an just got our agent....eek..its scary and exciting all at once...:unsure: but are determined to make a go of it and make it there!!!! maybe will be there roughly same time .....Sarah..x;)

Hi Caz

Welcome to PIA - they're a great bunch on here.

OH is a carpenter/joiner - has just completed the first part of his vetasses and is getting ready for his practical next month!! If you need any info on paperwork etc just PM me.

All the best.

Kim x

Guest stu4668

hello wayne and carolyn, we are at a similar stage to you. we have just received the info from Global Visas and now have to sign the paperwork and send some money. I am an Electrical Engineer and my wife is a pallative care nurse. they have advised me it will be cheaper to use my wifes qualifications as I would have to undergo a skills assessment. we are apparently applying for a 175 skilled independent visa. what have you been quoted? we have been quoted the following:

Fees

Cost Breakdown

The total budgeted cost for your application is broken down below and is an approximate costing:

£1,500+Vat an initial fee of £293.75 required, then equal amounts over 5 monthly instalments

Skills Assessment = £200 (Depending on exchange rates) Not payable until 4th month

Aus Govt fee = £900 (Depending on exchange rates) Not payable until 6th month

Not payable until end of application

Medicals = £200 per adult, £150 per child (at the end of process)

Police checks = £25 each (at the end of process)

Regards

Stuart & Sally plus two kids

North Yorks

Guest stufi1997

Welcome to all of you!!That's all a bit gobbledegook Stu but go with an agent that's recommended by someone not one you find yourself, we got ripped off initially and were so disillusioned that we did it ourselves, there are loads of recommended agents on here...I do know the police checks cost us £10 each if thats any help, you just go to your local police station and fill in a form. Also ask if the application is going to be submitted online or paper based, it takes longer if it's submitted on paper, the postie likes to have a read of it all first i reckon....haha... good luck with it all, Fiona

Guest stu4668

Hi Fiona, can you recommend any nice suburbs in or around adelaide with good schools? are you over there now? how are you finding it? is the pace of life better? are jobs easy to come by? any regrets?

Guest stufi1997

Well Stu, We arrived on 12th April this year so not really time to get regretful. We're living in Victor Harbor which is absolutely gorgeous! Aaron is in the local school and he's loving it so far and I might add coming on with his work leaps and bounds...Jobs well thats another matter altogether.....down here it's hard I won't jest you It's a small town and breaking through the tradie barrier for my stu has been a bit of a marathon....but he's got something now down to sheer perseverance, I still haven't found anything but the pressures off a bit with Stuart getting some work, I'm just applying for everything but it all takes so long,

I keep reminding myself why we did this .....cos it is winter just now and it does get a bit downheartning when you hear about all the summer activities back home, if I had one regret it would be rushing to come out here....we really should've stayed for part of the summer but that's more to do with personal reasons than anything to do with here. Having said all that(i do tend to ramble on) We came out here to give our kids opportunities and with what we've seen so far we definately made the right move....Does that kinda answer some of your questions??? I'm not gonna even start on good suburbs.....that really would put the cat among the pidgeons...Fiona

Guest Django
I am an Electrical Engineer and my wife is a pallative care nurse. they have advised me it will be cheaper to use my wifes qualifications as I would have to undergo a skills assessment. we are apparently applying for a 175

Wayne, before you send your money to an agent have a look at all this. If you applying as a nurse the process is very easy and straight forward. We didn't use an agent nor did most of the nurse applicants on here. You can save yourself a good couple of thousand by doing the following.....

Register as a nurse with the NBSA (Nursing Board of South Australia) to do this go to http://www.nursesboard.sa.gov.au/ where you will find what info you need to send them.

Once you are registered you then only need to do the modified skill assessment not the full monty. Send your skill assessment off to ANMC (Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council) http://www.anmc.org.au/docs/Internat...20original.pdf

You can just do the skill assessment without first registering but would then have to do the full assessment http://www.anmc.org.au/docs/Internat...07original.pdf

This is the process http://www.anmc.org.au/docs/Internat...20Purposes.pdf

You don't need to be registered to be skill assessed or to apply for the visa but it does save money and time on the skill assessment front. Hope this makes sense and helps. Any probs let me know.

Pete

Guest caz and wayne
hi everyone we are new to pia we are also members of pio we are right at the start of our journey just got an agent . my oh is wayne (carpenter) iam carolyn and felix is 5 and ruby is 3 we live in burnley (lancs) . x love caz ;)

Hi Wayne & Carolyn

Welcome to PIA.

We too are Wayne & Carolyn from Bolton and arrive in Adelaide on 4th July.

You will receive lots of useful information and support from the site.

Good luck with your journey.

Caz and Wayne

Hi Caz and family.

Welcome to PIA and good luck with everything. As previously said this is a very useful forum and i'm sure u'll find the answers to all your questions on here.

Emma +

Alicia (6)

:v_SPIN:hi guys thanks for all your nice replys iam sure i will have lots of questions to ask you all and prob silly ones .

stu i think we were quoted 4,500 for everything inc agents fees and all, we are going on my oh being a carpenter .

cheers caz x

good luck caz and wayne on your big day 4th of july let us know how you get on you lucky people love wayne and caz x

Guest natdan

Hi wayne n caz , we are hopefully nearing the end of the journey we have to arrive in adelaide by december to activate our visas , house sale holding us up though [ just our luck ]. hope you get your visas and everything goes o,k, we dont live to far from you only in hyde. I am also a joiner and got a 136 subclass visa. if we can be of any help just ask, GOOD LUCK anyway and welcome to POA. wayne n louise.

Guest The Angus Clan
hi everyone we are new to pia we are also members of pio we are right at the start of our journey just got an agent . my oh is wayne (carpenter) iam carolyn and felix is 5 and ruby is 3 we live in burnley (lancs) . x love caz ;)

Hi welcome to PIA - we are fairly early on in the process too and it is scary , but exciting too! You'll enjoy this site - everyone so friendly and helpful.

Marcia:)