Awaiting spouse visa

Guest cazzie

Guest cazzie

Hello everyone,

I am new to the site although I have been reading avidly for a couple of weeks now. I have replied to and received some very helpful responses on the threads mainly concerning the spouse visa and teaching in Adelaide. I am a very young 51 and married to Bill - my gorgeous Aussie husband - for a year now. As Bill has to be in Adelaide for his job (in I.T. that he has continued to do while over here for a year remotely) by September, I am becoming increasingly anxious about the visa. The C/O has said that all the documentation has been received and will be processed but obviously I need to give notice on the house(rented) and I really don't want Bill to go back on his own - we are too loved up to be separated!

Is anyone else awaiting a spouse visa and how long is it taking generally?

Any information/advice appreciated. Thank you.

Cazzie :cute:

Guest moonraker1959

Hi Cazzie,

Don't worry too much about your spousal visa.My husband has just applied for his and I only spoke to our case officer yesterday.She told me it was 12 weeks max so you should have yours in plenty of time pet!!!! My husband did'nt submit enough info and is holding his up because of that !!!!(Knew I should of done it myself lol)Good luck and stop worrying lol xxx:)

Guest dinawayneandkids

hi don't worry our visa took 9 weeks from start to finish and it only took 3 days for them to send the passport back we were beginning to panic but it will hapen good luck

dina:jiggy:

Guest cazzie

Thank you for your reply. I will try not to worry too much but as my husband has to start working at his place of work in September, I just feel so nervy and anxious about the waiting time - I would love to be able to book those flights! Thanks again. Cazzie