New to PIA!!...Help needed!!!!

Guest cityfan

Guest cityfan

hi......we have long debated the move to oz and are still having the 'shall we, shan't we 'days!!...pretty sure our minds made up to apply for a 176 sponsored visa....i am a nurse with 2 girls and hubby.....we have set our mind to adelaide...just wondering if anyone has used a good agent and could recommend...we have seen loads of adverts but no idea which to choose...any advice would be gratefully received...cheers!!!:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

hi......we have long debated the move to oz and are still having the 'shall we, shan't we 'days!!...pretty sure our minds made up to apply for a 176 sponsored visa....i am a nurse with 2 girls and hubby.....we have set our mind to adelaide...just wondering if anyone has used a good agent and could recommend...we have seen loads of adverts but no idea which to choose...any advice would be gratefully received...cheers!!!:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Hi and welcome to PIA, you have started off at the best place for help and advice.

We used Go Matilda which we found to be great in every way. There are a number of nurses on here who have completed the process or who are going through it that will be able to give you advice in that line of work.

We have only been in Adelaide for two weeks and so far are loving it and are glad we jumped ship. Its a long process but we found it now o be worth all the wait.

As for advice the only advice that can be given is research and more research either on line, on PIA or even as we did on a reccie to Adelaide.

Good luck with everything and if ever you need advice just shout

Hi there,

welcome to PIA, it's lovely to have you on board.

We used Overseas Emigration and can't complain, as we are now here!

Phone a few companies and ask questions, you will then get a feel for who you are comfortable with and who you think will do the best job for you.

Good luck x

Guest Django

Welcome to PIA,

If you are a nurse I wouldn't bother wasting money on an agent. The process is very straight forward and so if I were you I would save some money.

Have you done a points score? Could you not get a 175 visa? Doesn't matter as the 176 is a good visa so long as your happy working for your sponsor.

Register as a nurse with the NBSA (Nursing Board of South Australia) to do this go to http://www.nursesboard.sa.gov.au/ where you will find what info you need to send them.

Once you are registered you then only need to do the modified skill assessment not the full monty. Send your skill assessment off to ANMC (Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council) http://www.anmc.org.au/docs/Internat...20original.pdf

You can just do the skill assessment without first registering but would then have to do the full assessment http://www.anmc.org.au/docs/Internat...07original.pdf

This is the process http://www.anmc.org.au/docs/Internat...20Purposes.pdf

You don't need to be registered to be skill assessed or to apply for the visa but it does save money and time on the skill assessment front. Hope this makes sense and helps. Any probs let me know.

Pete

Guest JPT07

Hi, We used Visa-Go who were very helpful. They are based in Scotland but we met with them in Liverpool for our first consultation and then everything after that was done over the phone and through the post.

Good luck with your decision. :)

Welcome to PIA,

If you are a nurse I wouldn't bother wasting money on an agent. The process is very straight forward and so if I were you I would save some money.

Have you done a points score? Could you not get a 175 visa? Doesn't matter as the 176 is a good visa so long as your happy working for your sponsor.

Register as a nurse with the NBSA (Nursing Board of South Australia) to do this go to http://www.nursesboard.sa.gov.au/ where you will find what info you need to send them.

Once you are registered you then only need to do the modified skill assessment not the full monty. Send your skill assessment off to ANMC (Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council) http://www.anmc.org.au/docs/Internat...20original.pdf

You can just do the skill assessment without first registering but would then have to do the full assessment http://www.anmc.org.au/docs/Internat...07original.pdf

This is the process http://www.anmc.org.au/docs/Internat...20Purposes.pdf

You don't need to be registered to be skill assessed or to apply for the visa but it does save money and time on the skill assessment front. Hope this makes sense and helps. Any probs let me know.

Pete

Hi

My hubby and I are both nurses and I would agree with everything that Pete says it really is a case of collecting the information and filling in forms. There are lots of people who will help if you get stuck - just shout. Rather than paying an agent, use the money for your flights or to buy something when you arrive!

Good Luck

Lindsey

Hi

i am a nurse and have emigrated on the Regional sponsered migration Permanent Residents visa sub class 119, as nurses you are in a very strong posistion. You could apply for jobs and ask them to sponser you and then it easy to register with NBSA and you don't have to have skills assessed by ANMC. I would not waste money on agent you will need all your money when you get here trust me.

Kristian

Guest cityfan
Hi

i am a nurse and have emigrated on the Regional sponsered migration Permanent Residents visa sub class 119, as nurses you are in a very strong posistion. You could apply for jobs and ask them to sponser you and then it easy to register with NBSA and you don't have to have skills assessed by ANMC. I would not waste money on agent you will need all your money when you get here trust me.

Kristian

hi..hope you don't mind me contacting you again..i don't really know much about the 119 visa and i thought before you could register with a state and get sponsorship i would have to have skill assesment with ANMC??....are you recently qualified as i am so worried that as an 'old school' nurse with no diploma or degree..just experience i may find it hard to get the points i need...and a job??....we are looking to glenelg also!!...do you like the area and what do the schools seem like (if you know!!??) and how near or far to travel to jobs in adelaide or queen eliz hospital??...all info very gratefully received...thanks..melanie

If you look on the australian immigration site http://www.immi.gov.au and search subclass 119 they explain about the visa on the site. I have been qualified 4 years and registered with NBSA but think you may need a degree or diploma to be accepted on the RSMS visa. I have a job at the Royal adelaide which I applied for online last June. Glenelg is beautiful but is expensive not sure how good the schools are as we don't have any kids.

Hope this help and good luck with planning your new life downunder

Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 119/857)

1. About this Visa
  2. How this Visa Works
  3. Eligibility
  4. Obligations
  5. Applying for this Visa

How this Visa Works

On this page

A Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme needs:

• an Australian employer
  • an overseas employee
  • an eligible position.

The process for obtaining a visa under the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme is summarised below.

WhoResponsibilityEmployer

• nominates the position(s) that they wish to fill
  • arranges certification by the Regional Certifying Body
  • recruits the overseas worker(s) to fill the nominated positions
  • prepares a submission outlining exceptional circumstances (if this is needed).

Regional Certifying Bodies (RCB)

• assists employers to fill vacancies in regional Australia
  • assesses whether the position is genuinely vacant and unable to be filled by an Australian employee.

Employee

• accepts the offer of employment from the nominating employer
  • applies for a visa
  • meets the conditions on their visa (once approved).

Employers

Australian employers in regional or low population growth areas of Australia can participate in this scheme. All areas of Australia are eligible except Brisbane, the Gold Coast, Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong, Melbourne and Perth.

See: Eligible postcodes for the Regional Subclass 457 programme and Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme

Regional Certifying Bodies

Regional Certifying Bodies are organisations that:

• have knowledge of the skills shortages in their local area
  • know whether a business is actively operating in their local area
  • are able to assess positions under the legislative requirements of the scheme.

There are a number of Regional Certifying Bodies throughout Australia. All Regional Certifying Bodies are endorsed by the relevant state or territory government and many are branches of the State or Territory regional development portfolio.

See: Regional Certifying Bodies

Employees

An employee is a foreign national who:

• meets the age, skill and language requirements
  • has an employer that is willing to sponsor them for this visa.

If eligible, employees and their accompanying family members will be granted a permanent visa.

Eligible position

An eligible position must meet the following requirements.

• is located in a regional area
  • cannot be filled by an Australian employee
  • is a genuine full-time vacancy
  • is available for at least 2 consecutive years
  • requires a person with qualifications equivalent to at least Australian diploma level (unless exceptional circumstances apply).

See: Exemption from Eligibility Requirements

Note: A Trade Certificate with full apprenticeship is accepted as equivalent to or higher than a diploma qualification.

Validity Periods

The validity period of the:

• nomination is 6 months
  • visa is permanent.

More information

Detailed information on the Regional Sponsored Migration scheme is also available in the booklet 5.

See: Booklet 5 Employer Sponsored Migration (187KB PDF file)

Guest Ellie

Hi,

We are still in the early stages and have signed with Daryl through Thinking Australia. They run regular seminars which are free and we found it very useful and it helped us make the decision. We have our first one to one meeting on Saturday next week but we are taking my Parents to a Thinking Australia seminar on Sunday 6th July in Manchester. There are peolple there that represent Anglo Pacific shipping company, Westpac Bank, Migration office and Hifix. You are not making any commitment by attending and under no obligation to sign anything. There is no pressure at all. Even if you didn't want to go with them it could give you an insight to Oz and the proceedures. There is also a question and answer section and you would be surprised how many have the same concerns / questions as you. At the end you can go to any of the speakers and to Darryl and his wife and ask as many questions as you like. As for signing with them I don't think we know for sure who are the best I suppose it'a a chance you take. They do seem to be totally committed I must admit. I was advised NOT to have an agent but Australian legislation can change part way through the Visa Application and you really need to know what you are doing. Personally I don't feel confident enough to do it on my own (but that's me! :goofy:)

Their website is http://www.thinkingaustralia.com

Good luck with everything!