Adelaide or Bust...........

Guest The Toomers

Guest The Toomers

Hi all,

My first time here as a reg user, have spent a few weeks just jumping from this forum to British Expats now intend to use my valuble time up here. :D

My wife Julia and I have been planning on moving to Oz for a few years now, always wanted to get to Adelaide (even though we havnt even been to Oz YET) :shock: we just feel that its the right place.

Current plans have changed due to being advised that even with my wifes qualification (Yoga teacher, YogaBugs /Yoga'd Up instructor, sporst massarge therapist, exercise to dance teacher, so on and so on) we will not qualify under the skilled migration route. So we went to Excell "A Place in the Sun" expo a few weeks ago and are now going to get into Oz on a student visa.

:idea: 2 years in Adelaide training to be a carpenter then apply with Oz qualification at the end. Plan to be out by July 2008 for new term.

As I said Adelaide or bust, we will do what ever it takes (within reason that is) Any advise guidance you can offer will be warmly received.

I look forward to our pursuit of a new life with the help of all at PIA

Jason 38

Julia 39

Maddi 14

Guy 3

Faye 5mths

Guest happy-jools

Hi Jason & Julia and the Kids.

By the way great name Julia - we share the same first name. Although sadly not the fitness regime (I am impressed with all those qualifications).

Anyway welcome to PIA its a great site.

The studying option sounds great. Hey its a way into Australia - and if its the only way then why not. Others are doing anything to get in thats possible.

Good luck.