in mclarenvale want to meet new people

Guest cbeeb

Guest cbeeb

hi been here 11 months, know a few people but looking to meet new friends. work full time which probably makes it harder to meet up with people. have 2 kids (5 and 7)

Guest Deb17

Hiya, how come everybody I read about on this forum has a job and I don't? It's not naffing well fair I tell you...I've been here two years...anyway, how are you liking McLaren Vale? I'm ten mins away in Aldinga, so not far...are you having fun? Managing to pay the exorbitantly high bills?

Guest Deb17
Ah Deb remember the old adage ....good things come to those who wait.....

Yeah, but when Rach? ;)The only (completely unmarketable) talent I appear to have is being good at spelling!!

Guest Guzzler&Sas

hi cbeeb

welcome to the site

why not organise a meet up with the kids and ask others to come along - wooden fortess at port noarlunga, play day down the beach with the kids, whatever, I am sure plenty of folks will be happy to come along and meet you.

I work quite long hours too, but have only just started, but when we arrived here two years ago, Playgroups were my lifeline and I met plenty of people that way, who I still see.

What about asking your kids who they play with at school and perhaps arranging a playday at the weekends with their friends/parents?

I always find if you hold out the hand of friendship, people usually take you up on it and if they don't, they are not worth bothering about!

Good luck

Cheers

Sas

xxx

Guest Nicky, Alan and Kids

Hi I have just arrived well 4 weeks and we are in Aldinga, not found any work yet, but would love to catch up with some of you, my daughter is 17 so a bit too old for playparks.

Nicky

hi been here 11 months, know a few people but looking to meet new friends. work full time which probably makes it harder to meet up with people. have 2 kids (5 and 7)

Sounds Familiar, I work Full time and have a young son who is two. I have been here 7 months and Its difficult to find time to have a proper social life when only weekends are free and your catching up on all the household stuff and entertaining your kids.

Im actually excited that we have a planned night out in August, our first night out together since we have been here.........but it would be good to arrange something as your in a similiar position, let me know ( Its nearly Friday)

All the best

Hi we are moving down south soon, picked keys up today and hopefully be in by weekend. I love mc claren vale your so lucky living there! My sons only 2 but once we are settled in house we are hoping to meet more people x

Hi Clare

Whereabouts are you moving to ?

Guest PommieLooby
Hiya, how come everybody I read about on this forum has a job and I don't? It's not naffing well fair I tell you...I've been here two years...anyway, how are you liking McLaren Vale? I'm ten mins away in Aldinga, so not far...are you having fun? Managing to pay the exorbitantly high bills?

Been reading this forum for a while and noticed you are really negative about the job situation but I think this is out of order Deb17!!! :mad:

Yeah I know it is difficult to find work whatever you do but didn't you research before you came out here?

Stop being so negative when people only want to get on with their lives and meet new people. We have heard you!!!!!!!!!(Several times)!!!!!!!!!

Guest mr secret
Been reading this forum for a while and noticed you are really negative about the job situation but I think this is out of order Deb17!!! :mad:

Yeah I know it is difficult to find work whatever you do but didn't you research before you came out here?

Stop being so negative when people only want to get on with their lives and meet new people. We have heard you!!!!!!!!!(Several times)!!!!!!!!!

Quite agree.

Sorry you can't get a job - but there are lots of people here who haven't either!!!

Get over it and move on!

Try a new direction - you never know where it will lead.

Guest Deb17

If you had read my posts properly you'd know what I aspire to do for a living. I did do my research yes, but didn't find out until we got here just how hard the job situation is and how much the Aussies like to look after their own. I HAVE tried a new direction - now having to do casual childcare work just to earn a little cash - I have also applied to temp agencies, for library jobs, office work, all kinds, but never with any luck. What happened to the forum rules about not making personal attacks on people?! I'm only expressing my opinion and the truth as I see it. I am a 'skilled' person - the main visa applicant, yet here I am languishing in the depths of unemployed despair. Perhaps you could walk a mile in my shoes and discover what empathy means. And get back to the topic of the thread too, if you please.

Guest mr secret
If you had read my posts properly you'd know what I aspire to do for a living. I did do my research yes, but didn't find out until we got here just how hard the job situation is and how much the Aussies like to look after their own. I HAVE tried a new direction - now having to do casual childcare work just to earn a little cash - I have also applied to temp agencies, for library jobs, office work, all kinds, but never with any luck. What happened to the forum rules about not making personal attacks on people?! I'm only expressing my opinion and the truth as I see it. I am a 'skilled' person - the main visa applicant, yet here I am languishing in the depths of unemployed despair. Perhaps you could walk a mile in my shoes and discover what empathy means. And get back to the topic of the thread too, if you please.

I do not regard my post to be a personal attack on you.

I know teachers that now clean, do ironing, wipe childrens backsides etc.

They are not happy about doing it - but get on with it.

Unfortunately its called life!

Guest Deb17
I do not regard my post to be a personal attack on you.

I know teachers that now clean, do ironing, wipe childrens backsides etc.

They are not happy about doing it - but get on with it.

Unfortunately its called life!

Wiping children's bottoms is exactly what I am doing, if you'd read my post properly.

:mad:

Okay lets not turn this thread into another of those spats that ends up being moderated. Deb I know you are voicing your opinion and so is everyone else, so really no one should be taking umbrage. However please all try to stick to the topic of the thread which in this case was started by someone wanting to meet other people, not to discuss negatives on the forum. Once you have met these people in the person they may enjoy letting their whole angst out and let off steam in a group sesh but this thread is not the place!

Ta all

Rach

Guest Deb17
Okay lets not turn this thread into another of those spats that ends up being moderated. Deb I know you are voicing your opinion and so is everyone else, so really no one should be taking umbrage. However please all try to stick to the topic of the thread which in this case was started by someone wanting to meet other people, not to discuss negatives on the forum. Once you have met these people in the person they may enjoy letting their whole angst out and let off steam in a group sesh but this thread is not the place!

Ta all

Rach

Very sorry Rachel, I DID ask them to get back to the thread though.

Guest mr secret

Ta all

Rach

Many apoligies.

As ever words of wisdom from a moderator.

Regarding the original post on this thread - wishing you luck in finding lots of new friends.

Try and stay positve.

There are lots of lovely people just around the corner waiting to meet you.

Guest cbeeb

Thanks for all the contacts and good wishes we found it really hard to get work and are engineers and scientists apparantly what they keep saying they are short of. Jobs do exist but we applied for loads each. Keep positive i think it does happen but not without alot of heartache!

Hi don't know if you saw the thread about seaford meet up, but I thought we could get together at the surf club in Moana/Seaford on friday night they do great food, have a family staying at our cottage from the uk over to validate their visa's so thought they might like to come along, it's kid friendly (should be over the jet lag by then!!) pm me if you would like to go or just turn up!!

• 2 years later...