hello again!

Guest nurse matilda

Guest nurse matilda

I havent been on here for a while as not much happening until we have our reccie holiday for the month of October can't wait!!!!

Gary my Husband had applied for a position in purchasing for ASC(Australia Shipbuilding Company) in Adelaide but got a dear John last week :sad:.

If anyone has any info on Jobs in Purchasing let us know.

I am at present thinking of contacting the South Australia District Nursing service and send a cv with hope of maybe seeing someone when we are over, my friend lives in Adelaide and is a community midwife so will also help me out with this. Does anybody have any info or ideas on going about work in the District Nursing area???

We are still uncertain on whether we are going to go through with this but hope the reccie holiday will make up our mind. We are also looking at Melbourne and Brisbane maybe to just get a feel for the places. We are concerned about work for Gary and selling our house here given the current climate,we need to decide what we are doing this year as it is driving us mad and we are so unsettled, Gary is certain about this move but I am only 80% there.:unsure:

If anybody has any recommendations of any sort all will be greatly appreciated, have loved this site since I joined really useful.

Thanks

Marianne and Gary.

Hi and good luck for the reccie. I enquired about jobs with the rdns but they wanted me to have some oz experience first so i have a job at ashford for now and then hopeing to get into community. I did a bit in the uk too so my advice is try and get some expereince if you have non. as for jobs chris is in sales and the oz companies wouldnt even look at him before we arrived. Hes going to sort his cv this week and make it more workable for the aus market.

good luck hun xx

Guest nurse matilda

Thanks for the reply, I have been a district nurse for four years now but by the sound s of things this may not count, I will give them a bell anyway, and see what happens, if I have to go back to the hospital it will not bother me but I do prefer the community.

We have also looked at Seaford for an area to live and will have a closer look in October. Hope you dont mind me asking did you move with just yourself having a job? We could probably get by for a while with one working, but it is a worry that Gary wont get a job.

As I said in my last post we are still very unsettled and unsure about the move, by the way is Ashford a local hospital, dont worry I am not stalking you!!!

Thanks again.

Mx

Thanks for the reply, I have been a district nurse for four years now but by the sound s of things this may not count, I will give them a bell anyway, and see what happens, if I have to go back to the hospital it will not bother me but I do prefer the community.

We have also looked at Seaford for an area to live and will have a closer look in October. Hope you dont mind me asking did you move with just yourself having a job? We could probably get by for a while with one working, but it is a worry that Gary wont get a job.

As I said in my last post we are still very unsettled and unsure about the move, by the way is Ashford a local hospital, dont worry I am not stalking you!!!

Thanks again.

Mx

He he no worries. Aww thats different i only did a bit of community via an agency, i m sure they would look favourably on you. I was speaking to a friend of a friend tonight whose a community nurse but in general practise. she said they struggled to get a nurse for their clinic and wish shed know i was coming earlier! So im sure you will have no problems. dont forget theres always HSS (home support services) and another private community nursing service too (cant remember the name of it). I just wanted the knowledge i had a job when i got here. Many people come with no job!!

There are lots of hospital in Adelaide, Ashford and Flinders private are part of Acha health, theres Burnside, Lyell Mc Kewen , RAH, Flinder med center, to name a few. I found my job through an agency but you can just apply direct to the hospitals. It will take me around 30 mins to get to work form Seaford, i hope!!

Chris hasnt got a job yet, alot of the recruitment agencies dont even respond hes applied for about 50 jobs and has an interview on tuesday for one he didnt apply for but its a job! My best advice is get his cv australianised and state which visa hes on and when arriving that might help a bit. Theres tons of shipping companies here, and Impex is a recruitment agency for some of them. Hoep this helps xx