New in Coromandel Valley - friends wanted!!

Guest HALT

Hi everyone

We are a family of 4 just moved to Coromandel Valley. We moved to Oz in January and were in Melbourne till last month. My husband works for the government and we thought we were going to Brisbane but ended up in Adelaide so know nothing about Adelaide and know no one here. We would love to meet any families. I have a son 8 and a daughter 5. I am not working at the moment but plan to start working in a few months.

Any information about everything and anything would be great.

Guest Libby1971

Taylors, shame on you! :P;) Those of us in Adelaide are trying to help... By the way, how is going in Brisbane? Are you more settled there? I take it yes by what you have said. Are you staying?

Right back to HALT...

There are a few people in the area. I am not sure who is Coromondel Valley apart from Mrs NPB and she isn't a frequent poster, I am afraid.

There are quite a few in Flagstaff, Woodcroft, Seaford etc so if you don't mind driving, that might help you. DonnaT recommends a toddler group but can't remember if that is in Old Reynella or not - the woman by the way is a gem. If she doesn't know a person, then she'll know someone who does!

Join every social event going...I have just been removed from the coffee morning circuit as I have started work :skeptical: and I have to say I am none too happy about that.:nah:

Take care

Libby

:DThanks for the info. Never used this sort of forum thing before but i am sure it will be great fun.

Hope my social life will improve when the kids get to school. Still haven't made the final decision on that one.

Car less at the moment for a few more weeks, hubby using car for work and works shifts so I can feel a little stranded without a car.:mad:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest caz and wayne
Hi everyone

We are a family of 4 just moved to Coromandel Valley. We moved to Oz in January and were in Melbourne till last month. My husband works for the government and we thought we were going to Brisbane but ended up in Adelaide so know nothing about Adelaide and know no one here. We would love to meet any families. I have a son 8 and a daughter 5. I am not working at the moment but plan to start working in a few months.

Any information about everything and anything would be great.

Hi there HALT

I have just sent you a PM to say that we are also about to move to Coro Valley and would love to meet up some time. Our kids are 9 and 8 and have just started at the school there.

Cheers

Carolyn

• 6 months later...
Guest Minerbird

Hi there HALT (and any others based in Coromandel Valley),

I hope you are enjoying Coro so far? And if you chose Coro Valley Primary School for your kids then I'm sure you must be happy with your decision. Our kids are in their second term there since we moved over from Victoria and it's like they've been there forever!

Anyway, if anyone would ever like to catch up for coffee & chat that would be nice - Rimini's cafe at the wacky Blackwood roundabout is quite good for cuppas.

Cheers,

Sanchia :D

Guest Dave & Carole

HI - not much use to you yet as we are still awaiting that VISA!!!

However once we are out would love to meet up - making new freinds will be a priority. We are also have a daughter 5 (and a Son 3).

Hope you get settled quickly & meet lots of new people

Carole

Guest Minerbird

Hi Carole,

I take it you have been out for a look and chosen this area to live?

Any idea on when you might move out (once you get the visa)?

I am originally from the UK (came here over 11 years ago) but my hubby is an Aussie. As I mentioned, we recently moved here from Victoria. So far we find Coromandel Valley Primary school to be fantastic, and the academic standard to be high.

Another English couple from Yorkshire have just joined the Coro school community this year, and they are coming over for a BBQ tomorrow. They tell me they absolutely love it here and would never go back!

Look forward to having that cuppa with you when you get here ;)

Sanchia

Guest Dave & Carole

Thanks.

We haven't actually ever been to Australia - the whole decision is completely out of character as neither of us are great risk takers!!! A two deaths in the family and the loss of a close friend & we decided life was too short for what ifs. Anyway not sure where exactly we'll end up - Coromandel Velley & surroundings is ONE of the areas we are interested in, but unitl we are out & Dave has got some work we can't make a firm decsion. But I'm happy to travel anywhere for a cuppa & some friendly conversation. I'll bring the cake!

Good luck & hope we won't be too far behind you in this move.

Guest Minerbird

Hi Carole,

You're right - life is too short.

The friends who've just been over tonight moved over here 12 weeks ago and they too had never been out here before. So far they are very happy and seem to have settled so quickly!

Hope it happens for you soon :)

HI Guys

We came here from Melbourne in June. Unfortunately due to work problems for my other half we may have no choice but to return to the UK. Don't mind meeting for a coffee at good old Riminis' but don't know if i will be here much longer.

HALT