Hello PIA

Guest HelenAndSiggi

Guest HelenAndSiggi

Hello All,

we have been browsing this forum for quiet some time now and it is time to introduce ourselves and give some input as well.

We (Helen and I, no kids) are hoping to find a new life in Adelaide. We will have our last hurdle on Wednesday (Medical) and if everything is good we do expect our Visa in August/September).:daydreaming:

Our PC is done, our house was already sold in September last year (I know, we were very lucky to choose the right time) and at the moment we are camping out with Helen's parents. Ready to go!

It was all in all a stressful visa process (especially the waiting as you know), but now we are getting very excited again.

We can not wait to leave the UK and we like to meet lots of you (Poms ,Ozzies, etc) in Adelaide.

Many thanks for all the useful information in this forum,

Siggi

Hi Helen and Siggi and welcome, this forum is a great place to make a few contacts whom you can meet either before you come or when you get here. I'm glad you sorted your house out and are surviving living back with the in laws. My Grandmother lived in Totton and we have been through the mill trying to sell her house to finalise her will.

Actually all these meet ups remind me of what I did when my kids started school, which was to organise meet ups with the kids who were going to be in their class over the holidays and it worked giving them some known faces during their first days.

hello guys

just wanted to welcome you to pia and wish you luck

hopefully you dont need to wait too long for that visa and you can get out of your in laws!!!

we will be in the same position soon we have to move out by the 15th aug so have to go to my mums which is fine but we also have 2 young children and it will just be a bit cramped. we like our own space.

cant wait for our visa to come through but things seem to be moving a little faster now.

best of luck

sjs

Guest HelenAndSiggi

Hi Rachie,

Thanks for the welcome!

Were you originally from the Southampton area then? Looks like you've moved back and forth to Oz a couple of times. Why was that? We have been thinking about Oz for a long time. 5 years ago we started the process, but for one reason or another we stopped (got better jobs, etc). Then, in Jan 07, we found out that the rules had changed and you could get a visa if you were under 45. So this was our last chance saloon! That was 18 months ago, and still we wait!

As an up date on the process for anybody interested, our agent told us on Friday that we are looking at a visa through at the end of August. (we got our SIR through at the end of January), so looks like its a 7 month process now, for anybody on the same visa (we're on a 175, I think it got changed to a 475).

Good luck everybody

Helen & Siggi x

Guest HelenAndSiggi

Hi SJS,

Good luck with the move to your mum's. We moved into my mum's in Sept last year. We thought we'd stay a month and see how the visa process went, and have been here ever since! We feel like two 7 year olds camping out at my mum's house in her small back room, but we have at least sold our place I suppose. Very strange going back to live with parents in your 40's!!! But, it's doable. I'm sure you'll be fine. We've had our ups and downs, but keep thinking about the end goal! Are you using an agent? Do you have any idea of how long you've got to wait?

Cheers

Helen & Siggi x

Guest happy feet

welcome to PIA,

good luck with your journey, wish i was in your position... however i'm in the same position as most, struggling to sell the house, still not one viewer 4 months on..

Cara xxx

hi guys

yes we are using an agent - been told we should hear something very soon. i hope thats true as my mum has booked us a leaving party for the 16th aug :confused: this is because our friends and family have got holidays etc and she could barely get somewhere booked due to weddings so i hope that visa isnt far away or we will look a little :embarrassed: at our party :biglaugh:

i think 175 is still a 175 it was recently changed from a 136. ours was lodged online on the 24 dec 07. they seem to be moving a lot quicker with the granting though and i know someone who lodged on the 10th dec who has went to grant so fingers crossed guys eh

best of luck

sjs

Guest HelenAndSiggi

Hi Cara,

Right , this is third time lucky on replying to your note!! I am the most un-technical person going obviously!! Not used to all this on-line chat stuff! I think that the whole downturn in the market is unfortunately fueled by the media. It's all doom and gloom and it shouldn't be. Your house was perfect for you when you bought it, and it will be for somebody else buying it. LOADS of luck in the sale of your place. We sold ours and have been living with my mum for months now, which has also not been ideal, but for the greater good I guess!

Next week is a new week, and it could be yours :-) Good luck.

Helen & Siggi xx

Guest HelenAndSiggi

Hi SJS,

Wow, A party. Fantastic! That MUST be a good omen! Your mum will be out in Oz organising a party for your first anniversary in Oz before you know if. Loads of luck :-)

Helen & Siggi xx

No need to worry bout my moving back n forth....went to Aus at 10 with 1/2 my family, older 3 sibs stayed to finish A levels. When I finished uni at 19 went travelling to Uk, very common for aussie youngsters to make trips overseas to see the world. Met hubby when in uk but came back to have 1st child basically to ensure citizenship for him,easiest way is being born here. Returned to uk as 1st grandchild on both sides and waited for hubby to decide whether to emigrate, which he did in the nick of time, but his and our daughter's visa didn't come through in time to come with us as my res return visa was due to expire. So as you can see mt toing and froing was not caused by disgruntlement , just life. I wanted to come back with the kids as i felt there were more opportunities here and a better lifestyle, so i was lucky hubby went for it in the end. 16 yrs later after being back twice now hubby agrees and is glad his kids are growing up here.

Hi Helen and Sigi

Welcome to PIA and good luck with those medicals on Wednesday.

Hope your finding it ok at the parents house, myself and my daughter moved in with my parents end of May and hoping to go January time. For us it was so i could save money. Seems to be a popular thing moving into the parents.

Good luck with everything and hope you get those visas through quickly.

Emma +

Alicia (6)

Guest HelenAndSiggi

Thanks Emma,

I am dreading the medical. It's the worst bit for me, cos there's nothing you can hide!! Tried to be really healthy all week, but only managed the gym once, and had a few vinos with the girls yesterday. Bugger! Will be teetotal and fag free for 2 days. As if it will make a difference :-)

Yeap, parents are always there to be relied upon aren't they! Good luck with yours. Hopefully your visa will be through soon and you'll soon be back in your own place again.

Helen x