Arrived and online at last!

Guest Nick & Jo

Guest Nick & Jo

We have been here for 10 days now, and in our rented house in Hallett Cove for a week. House is a bit bare as waiting for our furniture, three weeks to go, but in the last week have been able to buy kitchen appliances, beds, a car, all really easily and have received excellent service from all the stores we have dealt with. In fact everyone we have spoken to so far have been really friendly and welcoming, even the check-out girls at Foodland chat to you, it's such a refreshing change from the UK.

We even tried the trains today, as I am starting at TAFE on Thursday. Even that was easy, got the 8.00am express, took less than 30 mins, and the walk to the college was just over 5 mins.

Haven't missed the UK yet, especially as the weather there is still rainy, and we love it that everyone here is excited about getting rain! Mind you we are looking forward to the weather getting warmer.

The hard work starts now though with my course beginning and Nick having to find work, but so far, we love the area where we are, being so close to the ocean and, as for the drive-thru off-licences, what more could you want..!!

Hoping to meet up with a few of you in the near future.

Jo

Nick, Jo and Lucy (9)

Guest Nick & Jo

Hi Julie - it took us a few days to stop feeling tired during the day, but we didn't sleep much during the journey. We had a 6-hour stop at Singapore Airport (lovely airport, must be one of the best in the world), and you can never sleep well on a plane. Mind you we flew from Singapore on an Airbus and this was lovely - loads of room, the interior was brand new, the toilets were nice, the screens on your seats were bigger, it was like being in first class (almost!). I would recommend anyone booking flights over to go with Singapore Airlines and try to get on an Airbus, much more comfortable.

Jo

Nick, Jo and Lucy (9)

Guest Nick & Jo

Thanks Cornelia, unfortunately, we have now discovered our container is not arriving until a week later than originally planned! I know a week is not a long time, but the next month is going to seem like a lifetime!

If your kids are at HC South, we may see you soon!

Jo

Nick, Jo and Lucy (9)

Guest Nick & Jo

Thanks for your message Andrew, I was trying to do a combined message to everyone, but it kept logging me out by the time I sent it as it took me so long to type it, so gave up and now doing individual messages!

Jo

Nick, Jo and Lucy (9)

Guest Nick & Jo

Thanks you two, we went to Glenelg Cinema last night actually, and had a walk down the shopping street there, it looked really nice, we are planning a trip back to have a mooch around. You muct be enjoying it as it looks a lovely area.

Jo

Nick, Jo and Lucy (9)

Guest Nick & Jo

Thanks Rachiegarlo! Haven't seen any drive thru dry cleaners yet but have noticed the others all seem really cheap compared to UK.

Also found out yesterday that you don't need to do annual MOT for cars, that's the reason why some of the Ozzies seem to drive their cars into the ground!! And that personlised number plates are dead cheap and you can choose any plate you want as long as no-one else has it - cool!

Jo

Nick, Jo and Lucy (9)

Thanks Cornelia, unfortunately, we have now discovered our container is not arriving until a week later than originally planned! I know a week is not a long time, but the next month is going to seem like a lifetime!

If your kids are at HC South, we may see you soon!

Jo

Nick, Jo and Lucy (9)

Hi there,

sorry, my kids are at hallett cove east, but can still meet with you at some point. If you are up for a walk on monday morning give me a pm and I'll let you know my number, I can pick you up on the way by after school drop off and you can meet some other H/C's lovely people x

Guest Nick & Jo

That's really kind of you but I am starting a TAFE course on Monday, and will only be getting my timetable then so will know when my free time will be after that. Will send a PM next week as would love to have a meet, see you soon

Jo x

Guest Briggs

Hi we've been here 9 months now and are settling in nicely. Would love to meet up with more people. Hope all is going well for you. We are renting in Glengowrie but will have to move on shortly!! Packing again!