Hairdressing/mechanics in Adelaide

Guest salenka

Guest salenka

Hiya all

Does anyone know what the pay is like for hairdressing or/and mechanics in Adelaide, fingers crossed we're in the visa application process at the moment.

The Wilsons,

South Wales

Hi

You might be better posting this thread in the jobs and careers section to get a better response.

I am not a hairdresser but quite a few people on PIA have quoted that they earn around $17 a hour and are finding it hard to live on that, but it would depend on your circumstances.

I think if you have ran your own salon they find it very difficult to work for someone else and start at the bottom again, which is what you often have to do when you are starting a new life.

Guest motlyman

I have heard many stories of low paid skilled jobs here which i think is why there is a skills shortage in the first place.

In the Advertiser the other day they were reporting that kids are leaving school and going straight in to jobs to earn money straight away and not training up on skills.

Doesnt seem to be much incentive to do apprenticships.:nah:

Colin

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Hairdressing $17 an hour average, you might be lucky abd get more you might even get less, thats if you are lucky enough to find a full time position in a salon, most look for pt timers.

Mechanics i think around the $20 an hour mark, the one to ask is DUncan clan, but I havent seen him post much since he got here.

sarah