bob t

We can now officially panic

We have got the lot now, visas, health checks and house up for sale.
      We ....that is me, lorraine my wife and two horrors Ellie 10 and Louis 14 will be making the big move in July this year.
      Is there anybody leaving around the same time, maybe we could panic together, if not here maybe over there.
      We are looking to move southside, we don't know why,as we have never been there.
      Desparately seeking drinking... oh sorry! I mean social buddies who like football. bob t

The Bowmans
      Hi Bob

Congratulations! We won't be far behind you I hope - we are going for another reccie from 30th June-14 July so may be around when you arrive. If not, I am sure that our Adelaide-based guys will form a welcome party for you!

As for the football, I go every week and it's the only thing about home I'll miss (apart from my family and friends). I'm sure you'll find plenty of buddies for both the drinking and the football - especially as one usually follows the other!

Good luck

Bex & Nick

Nice one Bob & family - great feeling even if tinged with a touch of nervousness. We'll be arriving on 22 June & I start work on 9 July. Nick's into his footie and is worrying about missing out so I'm sure he'll be pleased to find someone that he can blether on to!

Old Reynella
      420 times
      Hi Bob,

I won't be out there until next year but will be more than happy to chat about footie over a beer...........so long as your not from a certain place in North London. :twisted: :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pete (West London Boy )

239 times
      Hi Bob & Family

We are flying out on 15th august -we have a 2 daughters, 7 & 10 and hubby, chris loves all sports (rugby is his first love though)

Would defo meet up once we're there...

...not long now

Chris, Sarah, Molly & Phoebe - Arrived in Adelaide 21st August 2007, Living in Moana

Back in Cotswolds
      46 times
      Adelaide United are the footie team in Adelaide, unless you want to watch rubbish Aussie rules Football, which nobody from England ever seems to understand.
      They play at the Hindmarsh Stadium throughout the summer as Aussie Rules takes over during Winter.
      Last year they had a good season but were thrashed by Melbourne in the cup final 6-0 and their manager John Kosmina got the sack.
      I usually go to watch a few games with my son when we are visiting, and I guess will watch a few more if we are ever allowed to emigrate.
      Still waiting for a case officer after 10 months.