Another one looking to escape............

Guest ben&sharon

Guest ben&sharon

Hiya,

We're really new to this, but I've found this forum really helpful - great to get some real opinions. I'm an accountant, and the husband's a plumber, so if there's anyone out there with any info on these trades, we'd love to hear from you. We also come with a four month old baby boy and two cats (just to make life easy for us....!! :wink: ). Currently in the waiting process for my skills assessment to come back from the NIA, so we've a really long way to go yet. It's taken a long time for us to make this decision, but now we have, it can't come quick enough!

Sharon

Guest jen&ian

Hi Ben & Sharon,

Welcome to PIA, It's a nerve wracking wait I know, and at the time it seems like the waiting goes on forever, but when you get that email to say your visa has been granted its all worth it, for us that moment came 2 days ago after 10 months wait from application, and about 5 years of daydreaming and deliberating.

good luck

Jen :D

Guest ben&sharon

Hi Jen,

Nice to get a response so quickly - and congratulations on getting your visas! :D 10 months seems really quick, from what I've heard. Any idea when you're going yet? Do you know what area you're headed for, or are you going to rent somewhere for a while first? Sorry to bombard you with questions - there seems to be so much to think about!

Sharon.

Guest jen&ian

Hi Sharon,

In answer to your questions, we think we are heading south of the city, but we'll probably need to be within easy reach of the CBD as Ian is in the IT industry. We have a few areas in mind but I don't think its possible to make a final choice till you get there and see it for yourself. Flagstaff Hill sounds nice, also Hallet Cove and Moana to name a few!

We'll need to find a rental in the area we want to settle fairly quickly so we can get our oldest enrolled in school, but will find a short term for a few weeks while we get our bearings. We need to be out there by the beginning of Jan 08, but are planning on going sooner hopefully in October. Exciting but very scary :shock: 8) .

Feel free to ask any other questions that spring to mind and I (or others I'm sure) will do my best to answer them.

Bye for now,

Jen :D

Hi

Can't help with your questions but just wanted to say hello - we were at the same stage as you and we got our visa granted at the end of Feb and are going out in October. The waiting is hell but it'll be worth it in the end!

Lea

Guest Django
We also come with a four month old baby boy and two cats (just to make life easy for us....!! :wink: ).

Yeah I know what you mean getting babies and cats to sit nicely in the photo booth to get their passport photos done is a nightmare innit? :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome to the boards. I've not been hear long myself but as you can tell by the amount of posts I've knocked up I have made the most of a great forum. :wink: :lol: :lol:

Pete

Guest bev_stef

Hi Ben and Sharon

Welcome, this is a great place for help and advice. Its nice to see someone with such a little one making the leap, beginning to think we might be mad trying to drag such little ones across. We too are at assessment stage. Good Luck with your questions and your application.

Bev

Guest ali@51

Hi Sharon,

Just wanted to say good luck for the move.

My OH (Morgan) is also an accountant. We were told 3/4 weeks for the skills assesment. That was 3 1/2 weeks ago still haven't heard anything.

However Morgans parents (whilst on holiday) bumped into a couple whos daughter was an accountant and went to adelaide a while ago and apparently had a job within a week :!:

We fond this reassuring hope you do to

ali and co

Guest happy-jools

Hi Ben & Sharon, Welcome to PIA.

Our skills assessment took three weeks, and passed very quickly, probably because we were told 4-6 weeks, so wernt expecting it so quick.

The SA Sponsorship - however. We applied for that the 2nd April and were still waiting. Again told 4 weeks and it hasnt happened just yet. GRRRR.

Welcome anyway. Lots of friendly faces and advice on here.

Guest gaz&jo
Hiya,

We're really new to this, but I've found this forum really helpful - great to get some real opinions. I'm an accountant, and the husband's a plumber, so if there's anyone out there with any info on these trades, we'd love to hear from you. We also come with a four month old baby boy and two cats (just to make life easy for us....!! :wink: ). Currently in the waiting process for my skills assessment to come back from the NIA, so we've a really long way to go yet. It's taken a long time for us to make this decision, but now we have, it can't come quick enough!

Sharon

my husband plumber and iam a hair dresser we have a 10 year old girl and 1 year old wanting to go to adelaide x