• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help please....

deborah
      Quote Originally Posted by TC for short View Post
      Forget about the spiders. It's the drop-bears & hoop-snakes I'd worry about if I were you!
      What are they sweets!!

Title
      Liked
      4457 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by deborah View Post
      What are they sweets!!

They are part of the Australian migrant history...............Just don't hang about under a gum tree for too long.

Oh - and sweets are called lollies here - it gets very confusing at times.

TC for short
      ... or stand at the bottom of a hill!

Title
      Liked
      185 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by deborah View Post
      How do they get in the car is it when people leave the windows open or do they get in underneath?
      I have little spiders in my car but that is because I have spider webs on my wing mirrors!!
      They climb in through the heating vents. They are like water in some ways , water will always find its way in ...if theres a way, same with spiders. They squeeze through little cracks and then unfold in all thier glory.......especially huntsman. They come alive in summer months!!! Can be as bigas a small hand.

Title
      Liked
      70 times
      Rep
      Would this be a good time to tell you about the big bugger that landed on my head when I opened the front door? (no joke)

marty
      Quote Originally Posted by TC for short View Post
      Forget about the spiders. It's the drop-bears & hoop-snakes I'd worry about if I were you!
      Yes I agree, forget the spiders, the drop bears are the things to look out for.

britaussiechick

Smile

Hi Liz and all, i live in the country and see lots of spiders from the nasty to the awful looking unharmful ones.
      The only thing to say is do not put your hands or feet where you can't see into and you will be fine, daddy long leggs are here alot and i leave them alone in my house as i do the huntsman how look damn scary but they do more good than harm so they stay.
      We have had white tips that rot the skin and red backs (female with red strip male just black) and if they are in my house then they are gone or if they are out and about i don't bother.
      there are lots of insects here that run around even geco's in your house but most don't bother you. DO NOT let your fear put you off, it sounds alot but honestly it isn't, just follow the rule to look in dark holes first and you will be fine.
      You can buy house bombs here that you set off when you are out and they kill of any bugs around then you have no worries at all.
      all the best Brit
      :)
      Quote Originally Posted by Liz Evans View Post
      Hi there,

We need some help. As a family we are desperate to emigrate to he southern hemisphere with adelaide being a first choice. However......SPIDERS !!!!!!.....Can anyone please tell me just how often we are actually likely to come across them. We keep reading about them in houses, beds and cars !!!!!.

Any help would be greatly received......we need to know the truth !!!

Many thanks

Liz, Gary and James

britaussiechick
      don't you love those drop bears! haha

•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums