Hiya all

Guest SeaDog

Guest SeaDog

Hi everyone,

Just found this site.......looks very good ! Myself and the good Lady have applied for Contributory Parent Visas (Son and his wife live Adelaide area) We have been registered in Perth since early May. Hopefully we can find some good info here. At the mo were awaiting word on going for medicals...possibly Xmas..ish time. Having had a read at some threads it would seem many applicants are getting thier houses on the market sooner than later, i shall ponder this!

Looking forward to hearing from you guys, any info appreciated.

Hellooooo and welcome to PIA. My parents are doing the same as you and emigrate over in September. They've sold their house now in the U.K but have only just started their visa process. If you want to get in touch with them, look for "Grandad" on the members list and send them a PM. I'm sure they'd like to chat to someone who's in the same boat as them.

Good Luck

Judi x

Just to let you know, my wife & I are now sort of living in Adelaide, after going down the same route. I say sort of, as although we moved out to Adelaide last October, we are back in the UK at present, missing the Australian winter, and we were hoping to sell our house (after 12 months on the market). Just booked our flights back at the end of September, and it now looks as if we will renting out our house in England, for up to 2 years. If I can help in anyway, pm me.