Barossa Valley Location Wise

Guest massive

Guest massive

Hi All,

Hubby has had a job offer in the Barossa from the uk however most of our research has been further south so we are wondering if you can help.

We are looking for a nice location with very good schools a must and outdoor facilities and some decent eating places.

Hubby doesn't mind upto a 30minute commute to barrosa and we all don't mind the same to in and around the city.

All comments , suggestions and opinions will be gratefully recieved (we are not easily offended so please be honest).

Many Thanks

Ste an Debbie :notworthy:

Guest guest569

A suburb called Hewett has some nice new estates going up at the moment . Gawler is nice too.Try entering them into realestate.com.au to give you some ideas.

Guest massive

Thanks for the help so far, we have looked at Gawler because it is near according to google earth but have also looked at Mount Barker does anyone know this area at all .

Back to Gawler and Hewett any suggestions on schools for our 10 year old and pre-schools for our 3year old thanks

Guest Libby1971

There is a school there which has a brilliant reputation but for the life of me I can't remember what the school is called. Rachiegarlo would know, almost sure of it.

We drove through Gawler and it is very nice.

We also visited Mount Barker, but found it to be very small. Not sure about schools

If you'd rather be a bit nearer to the City,then you could also look around the NorthEastern suburbs - Tea Tree Gully, Fairview Park, Vista, Highbury, probably Golden Grove as well - we're about 30-40 minutes drive into the middle of the Barossa, and about 25 minutes drive (or 20 minutes bus ride) into the City. Slightly more countrified is One Tree Hill (nice pub there too!). That way you have the advantages of a lot more choice of schools, but not too bad a daily commute.

Guest moonraker1959

I used to live nearish to Mount Barker.It used to be quite small but has grown alot in the last 10 years and still expanding.It has everything you need,good schools,plenty of shops,a few pubs ect.Its quite close to Hahndorf (tourist type town,german themed).I personally would'nt choose to live in Mt Barker,as i much prefer smaller towns but in all a good place!

Guest massive

Thanks again for all your responses it looks like it will be another day on the net for me checking out all this info .

Some interesting stuff about Trinity thanks Rachel and also Mount Barker . The other suggestions will give us something to look at because I will be at home at first so don't want to feel to far out thanks Diane.

Will see sooner rather than later as oh needs to be at work for the 1st of Oct so will look at flights to day :daydreaming:

Debbie x