School starting age in Adelaide?

Guest Aussiebound

Guest Aussiebound

Hi

Can anyone help me with this one? What age do children start school in Adelaide and what is the cut off date with birthdays? Elise is due to start school in England in September 08, we are hoping to be in Adelaide around that time and I really don't want her to start school here if she misses the cut off point in Adelaide and ends up being out of school for over a year. She will turn 5 on January 29th 2008, when will she start school? Will she be ok for school year starting Jan 08? Sorry for going on! Any response appreciated!!!

Guest Lisa2991

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question but I'd also like to ask the same question.

I have a son Oscar who would be due to start school in September 08 in the UK, he turns 4 in November 07. We are hoping to get out to Adelaide early 08 and would appreciate any advice as to when he would start school.

Guest betty22

hi sarah,

Kids here start reception the term that they turn 5 so you should have no problems enrolling your child for JAN 2008, for reception. The new school year in 2008 actually starts on 28th Jan( my eldest girls birthday) so no worries there

Liz

Guest Aussiebound
hi sarah,

Kids here start reception the term that they turn 5 so you should have no problems enrolling your child for JAN 2008, for reception. The new school year in 2008 actually starts on 28th Jan( my eldest girls birthday) so no worries there

Liz

Thanks Liz and Pete

Its been worryig me for a while now. Also found some advice from the Ad Brits forum. You've all been a great help! Was really concerned about her starting school here and then not being in school in Adelaide for over a year - seems cruel to Elise. Thanks for all your advice, and we look forward to enrolling her in Jan 08.

PS What is Morphett Vale like as a suburb with children, its in our shortlist even though we've never been on OZ land before.

Guest betty22

Hi,

Morphett vale is a really big suburb. We are very near to the woodcroft end and close to the shopping centre, so its hard to generalise.

we are very happy here as we are only 10 mins to the beach and about 30-40 mins to city (dependant on time of day).

The kids go to Woodcroft primary which is a really good school.

There are loads of activities for the kids within very easy reach.

My two are at activities every night after school.

Collonades shopping centre has just been extended and thats only 10 mins away as are big electrical retailers, furniture shops, toys R us etc.

all the best

Liz

Guest Aussiebound

Hi Liz

Thanks for your details on your suburb, it sounds really nice. Ideal for parents and children.

Hopefully won't be too long before we are there.

Hi Angela, have had a few posts before but not for a while, also been busy at work. Thanks for the welcome though.