Visa Granted. :)

Guest Aus_xena

Guest Aus_xena

Hi everyone.

My husband has finally had his spousal visa was granted.

We plan to be in Adelaide in Oct. I have a few questions is anyone can answer them please.

1. We are trying to get a short term (holiday stay) for 2 weeks, while we look for a private rental. I have tried all the usual ones from this site.

2. What areas are nice to live in. We have 3 children and i want to live somewhere nice. I know you have good and bad in every suburb, but i would like to hear whats good for people in their suburbs.

All information will be helpful.

Thanks.

Linda, Nick, Katelin 14. georgia 11 and Joshua 6 months.

Guest rockpool crab
Hi everyone.

Hiya...

CONGRATULATIONS from the Hannah Family...and erm..what's a Spousal Visa?

Best of luck in finding a short stay rental. I might have to ask you which one you got (one day) :-)

Carol Ann

Guest Aus_xena

Thanks for your help. I will have a look at woodcroft park.

A spousal Visa, it's for my Husband who is yes British. I am Australian and already have citizenship. So he needed a Spousal visa to come to Aus. this Visa is alot quicker then trying for other Visa's. Which took under 2 weeks. :)

I don't know how people wait over a year for there visa's. without either pulling their hair out or having NO nails left. I thought waiting 2 weeks was bad enough. And i have No nails from that.

We are really Excited, I have never been to Adelaide, so it's the first time for us all :)

Linda, Nick, Katelin 14,Georgia 11 and Joshua 6 months.

Guest Griggs family

Congratulations on being granted your visa. How exciting!!!:biglaugh:

We have just started on the long road of obtaining our visa. Have been told it could take upto 18 months!!!:arghh:

Do you have work lined up for when you arrive? What line of work are you both in?

Best of luck

Guest Aus_xena

Hi.

My Husband is in IT. And i am a Assistant Nurse. I have emailed a few places and one is keen for me to contact them on my arrival to show me around.

I suppose it might be easier for me to get work as i am Australian, but you never know my Husband might find employment before me.

Adelaide must be a nice place. Alot of people are moving there. I used to live in Perth, but as it's getting more expensive to buy/rent. So we decided to go for Adelaide.

I look forward to having more time with the children once we are back. I still say you have a better lifestyle in Aus. Must be all that sun shine we get. lol

I wish the Griggs Family Good luck with your Visa's. i wish people didnt have to wait such a long time for their Visa's.

We'll see you in Adelaide :)

Linda,Nick,Katelin 14, Georgia 11 and Joshua 6 months.

Guest Aussie pat

Hi Linda,

We also had to get a spousal visa for my husband. I made him grovel for a bit and be really nice to me as I had to write a statement about our relationship. It didn't last though. Once he got the visa it was back to his old ways!

Good luck with your move.

Hedy

Guest Elizabeth

Congratulations on the Visa. You're be going just when their summer starts!! We're just about to start the process! :arghh: My Brother-in-Law live in Happy Valley in Adelaide and they absolutely love it. They have two young children, Sam who is 8 and Cara who is nearly 5.

They have a much better house, then when they were living back in the UK!! I've seen pictures of her kitchen and I'm well jealous.

I realise it will take a while to go through the process, but am so excited!!:biglaugh:

Guest Martin and Val
Hi everyone.

Hi Linda, Nick and the Crew,

Congratulations to you all,we wish you all the very best for the future.

It really is a great feeling, our feet haven't touched the ground since yesterday. But thats another post for me to add later.

Good luck

Martin and Val

Guest dave48

hi glenelg is a lovely place to stay and holliday.it is on the coast line about 20 mins from where i live which is a place called hallett cove,it is a great place to live and full of poms.

Guest milly123

Congratulations, Now the fun start's,

We stayed at apartments on melboune st. Try Quest apartments, or search on a web site called wotif.com.au, they will only let you book 4 weeks in advance, but it does show wot,s about.