and another one jumping on ...

Guest mOZzy

Guest mOZzy

Hello everyone!

i've been reading up on you for quite some time now. as you can guess we also want to go to adelaide :D

and so i thought it's only fair to let you know about your new 'stalker' :wink: - no hiding anymore, especially since i had to 'involve' tim to get activated (- thanks for doing it so promptly!!)

well, what to tell you really. we are a family of 4. myself, my other half, and 2 youngens (boy 3, girl 1.5)

we are in the process of applying for oh's tra as a fitter. we are chasing old employers for references - not an easy task :shock: - especially since they actually don't exist anymore :roll:

but we are almost there!

i guess i'll be boring you with lots of question soon!

keep up the good work (i got lots of useful info already 'thumbs up')

Su

Guest Django

Hi Su,

4_1_115v.gif Nice to see you out in the open so to speak. :P

Ask away coz you may ask a question I haven't thought of yet. :lol: There is always someone with the answer. :D

Pete

Guest bev_stef

Hi Su

Welcome to PIA, and good luck with our TRA. Plenty of helpful nice people on this forum always ready to answer all sorts of questions.

Have you been to aus before, if so have you taken the kids.

:):)

Bev

Guest mOZzy

thanks guys! thanks for the nice welcome :)

well pete, i am not sure i can ask anything you haven't yet :wink:

nope bev. we haven't been once and we've only just decided we won't go on a reccie either :shock: - i see you also have 2 smallish kids!

have you been yet? and what is vetasses getting you assessed for? i am certain i read somewhere what they do but with reading all this things lately my head is on overload :D

Guest bev_stef

Hi

My husband and I have travelled over before, without the kids, and this March hubby did a sort of reccie on his own due to the expense, and not wanting to do a return trip with the little ones. Don't mind on a one way ticket off course.

Don't know if I can say what my hubby is getting assessed for, might get banned from the forum :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: No, hes an real estate maqager. vetassess seem to take so much longer then tra though, getting me all stressed and frustrated.

sorry abot spelling, 9mth old trying to helpwith typing. :D:D

Bev

Guest mOZzy

omg!! we are in bracknell too :shock: :shock:

it's not THAT a bad place .. really :P

BEV :D at being 'scared' about mentioning your oh job! will that be an advantage for you getting a house once over??? - might keep this relationship warm :wink:

very generous from you to send him off on a reccie on his own though :lol:

Guest Aussiebound

we are in the process of applying for oh's tra as a fitter. we are chasing old employers for references - not an easy task :shock: - especially since they actually don't exist anymore :roll:

but we are almost there!

Su

Hi and welcome to the site

We have just sent off the TRA application so you are at about the same stage as us. Have looked at visa forms and the TRA definitely appears to be the more complicated out of the two. We had the same problems with old employers not existing etc but got there in the end. :lol:

Our agent has said TRA is currently taking up to a month to respond for jobs in demand so 3 and a half weeks to go.

Guest mOZzy

hello aussiebound!

guess we can spur each other on then! also you are already ahead :?

we are using an agent too; i just don't want to 'fail' because of something stupid 8)

it's quite a nightmare though. luckily oh has finally found someone but since she is 'only' HR and not technical and not his old company really (they have merged with a big one) blablabla .. so our agent suggested to get her to confirm that he worked for them and did his apprenticeship and that he does a stat.dec for the actual work he did

and more money down the solicitors

but at least it's going in the right direction!!!

oops sorry for rambling on but i don't have anyone really to talk about all this :D (either they don't know yet or don't understand or get bored after 2 min :? )

Guest bev_stef

hi Su

Know what you mean, its good to have someone to talk to or vent sometimes. Especially when you're either trying to keep it a secret, or those that do know don't understand the attraction, or maybe imply your making a big mistake!!!

Yes, my hubby was very lucky wih his solo trip, He had a pretty good time, while I got stuck home looking after two scamps. It was a busy couple of weeks, and I've told him never again. Next time, we definately go together, and hopefuly with a one way ticket!!

Keep in touch

Bev

Guest mOZzy

yep, i know the 'you are making a mistake' one too!!

but we more get the silly look like 'why on earth do you want to do that??'

well, i am off - my 2 cheerups will be at 6 again .. as usual :?

Guest muppetbro

ive just cleaned grass from my lawnmover - gave up after an hour cos the buggas will only charge me for fumigation at the port - if they try spraying my surfing gear i will physically behead every one at customs and feed their rotten corpses to the sharks.............

9 days til we leave our home for 14 weeks in a small student house down town before arrival - and the paperwork keeps on coming and weve had our visas 12 months :shock:

im glad i only discovered forums well after id done all the paperwork for the visa - otherwise it wud have put me off

hoho

Guest The Bowmans

Hi Su

Welcome to PIA. It's been a great help for us and as Pete says, if you have any questions, someone is bound to know the answer.

Good luck and keep posting.

Deena

Guest ali@51

I wouldn't do that muppetbro look what happend to sylvester stlone and he only attempted to get drugs into the country.

Mind you if they react that way to steroids i dread to think what theyll do with surfing gear :!: :!: :!:

ali and co

• 1 month later...
Guest the hays

hi from the hays ,my name is hizik o.h karen we have three kids liam 8 jordan 6 and ellie 3 our t.r.a gets posted tomorrow cant wait for the ball to start rolling seems to have been ages since i started collecting everything so heres hoping.:)