Just Saying HELLO

boyonder

This is my first post don’t know what to say.............

HELLO.

My name is Andrew my Wife is Zoë and I have two boys Adam 8 years and Alex 6 years I Live in Melling in Liverpool, and have been following this web site for many months, and thought it was time to take the plunge and introduce myself & family.

We started our Visa application last year did all skills assessments first then finally applied for 175 at the start of March 2008. Pre loaded medicals and police checks in June/July. And then the wait began.

My wife has been offered a job at flinders medical center, but I shall wait till I arrive for employment, I am currently store Manager for Levis Strauss Jeans so will hopefully be able to get work as management within retail.

I always look at this site and feel how people are always so supportive and willing to help when they can, the move for us is driven by a better quality of life for my family, and hopefully Adelaide can bring this.

As you are all aware the UK economy is under massive strain and myself and other are finding it so difficult to sell are property, if only we had sold it last year!!!!

Anyway this should do for now, and I am no longer a stranger looking in. :unsure:

Take care

Andy

Hello Andy,

Good luck with the visa processing - it is SO exciting when it finally comes through!

Welcome to PIA. Post your concerns anytime or let off steam when you need to, as the fab people on this site are a Godsend, so encouraging and supportive - but you know that already. Take care, Cazzie

Hello Andrew, Zoe, Adam and Alex. Don't know if it would have helped putting the house on the market last year. Ours has been on over a year and still not sold. We are now renting. This is a great forum for advise and friends. Just have to be brave and make the effort to meet even although it is a bit scarry. Good luck with everything.

Guest cunnah10
This is my first post don’t know what to say.............

HELLO.

My name is Andrew my Wife is Zoë and I have two boys Adam 8 years and Alex 6 years I Live in Melling in Liverpool, and have been following this web site for many months, and thought it was time to take the plunge and introduce myself & family.

We started our Visa application last year did all skills assessments first then finally applied for 175 at the start of March 2008. Pre loaded medicals and police checks in June/July. And then the wait began.

My wife has been offered a job at flinders medical center, but I shall wait till I arrive for employment, I am currently store Manager for Levis Strauss Jeans so will hopefully be able to get work as management within retail.

I always look at this site and feel how people are always so supportive and willing to help when they can, the move for us is driven by a better quality of life for my family, and hopefully Adelaide can bring this.

As you are all aware the UK economy is under massive strain and myself and other are finding it so difficult to sell are property, if only we had sold it last year!!!!

Anyway this should do for now, and I am no longer a stranger looking in. :unsure:

Take care

Andy

Hi

Welcome to PIA

I live just around the corner from you in Maghull (my GP is in Melling)

Good luck with your application.We are now renting our house out (long story but lost our first time buyers the other week as they pulled out at the 11th hour)BUT we are still going no matter what now!!

Fire away on here as there is always somebody to help or answer the most simple of questions?

Hi Andy, Zoe & Family

This site is perfect. I have asked many questions and there have been so many people here in UK and in Oz willing to help. I don't think I could continue with the application without it. Everytime I have doubts, this forum just makes me keep going and I can't thank everyone enough :)

Good luck with everything and keep us posted

lisa

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hi Andy and Zoe,

Warm welcome.... Were still in the early stages and the hours we have spent searching for information. We don't bother anymore just come on the site and ask. Everyone's been great and so friendly, any questions you need answering feel free to ask thats not to say we will be any use, but hey you never know!!

Jo and Tom

Hi Andy, Zoe and family; and all on the forum....

Gosh, Liverpool is gonna be empty:shocked:.

We have sold our house, moving on the 8th nov; but not yet got the visa.

Like you, my OH is going to be "at home" in Adelaide; just until the fascination of golf wears off, then he is soooo getting a job!

Anyway, good luck with the move!

Jane, Andrew and Family