First post - England via NZ

Guest David Brown

Guest David Brown

Hi we have joined up POA after browsing it for a month or so and finding lots of useful help. We are Poms but have been in NZ for 12 years, and are shifting to Adelaide in January with my work and for lifestyle change. This is such a useful website. First thing we need is rental property while we look around for longterm buying, and so I'll probably be found on the rental thread soon. Main problem will be finding somewhere which allows a medium-large (albeit well behaved) dog(pointer)

David

Hi we have joined up POA after browsing it for a month or so and finding lots of useful help. We are Poms but have been in NZ for 12 years, and are shifting to Adelaide in January with my work and for lifestyle change. This is such a useful website. First thing we need is rental property while we look around for longterm buying, and so I'll probably be found on the rental thread soon. Main problem will be finding somewhere which allows a medium-large (albeit well behaved) dog(pointer)

David

Hi David

We are currently living in NZ (Foxton Beach) but hope to be in Adelaide early 2010. I'm a Pom but OH is a kiwi. Weve been back here for a couple of years now but always planned to end up in oz. We had lived in the midlands for a while before returning to NZ too. Did you choose Adelaide or did it choose you because of the job situation? Good luck with the move anyway - be interested to hear how you are getting on! So many people are moving there from NZ although most kiwis dont really think of it as emigrating!

regards

Mariane and Cliff

• 4 weeks later...
Guest David Brown

[sorry Mariane and Cliff I only just saw this reply, have been tracking the rental thread more closely! We aren't too far from you, in Masterton, had the agents round today to sell the house. We have been in NZ 12 years now. We chose Adelaide and then this year I was lucky enough to land a good job there, at the uni where I lecture. NZ is great but Adelaide has a good balance of advantages work and play, city and country wise. We have a bit of land and stock at moment but probably too much to manage.

I am using the POA website as I kinda feel like still a pom by birth though a bit kiwi too now. Who will I support in the next rugby world cup, tricky one! I have to say I support the ABs at present!

quote=moggies2;51828]Hi David

We are currently living in NZ (Foxton Beach) but hope to be in Adelaide early 2010. I'm a Pom but OH is a kiwi. Weve been back here for a couple of years now but always planned to end up in oz. We had lived in the midlands for a while before returning to NZ too. Did you choose Adelaide or did it choose you because of the job situation? Good luck with the move anyway - be interested to hear how you are getting on! So many people are moving there from NZ although most kiwis dont really think of it as emigrating!

regards

Mariane and Cliff