Reccie ideas

Guest nurse matilda

Guest nurse matilda

Hi Everybody,

heading of on our reccie in a few weeks will be in Adelaide for about 1 week, we will probably do the usual and check out suburbs etc and get a feel for the place in general.

Has anybody got any ideas that are useful when we are only there for a short period?

A soooooo excited,

Marianne and Gary.:jiggy:

Guest cornish Busdriver

Hiya Nurse.

Only a 1 week reccie, not sure if you can get a general feel for a place in that time.

The only advice i can give is go to a local pub and chat to the aussie locals not brits.

we spent a few nights going to the Irish bar on King willam street, had a great time, made lots of friends and gained lots of valuble info.

We found Aussie's to be very open and friendly with a total lack of political correctness witch suited me fine.

Its very easy to make friends, i think just talking to people and asking lots of questions is the best advice. Have fun on your reccie.

Matt, Mandy and dogs

Hiya,

gosh i thought we was nuts doing 2 weeks:)!

We hired a car, drove around the various suburbs; checked out estate agents etc, very helpful they were too. We went as far as Mt Barker, which took about 30mins from the cbd; so not too bad if you are looking to be outside the city, proper.

Get a city map from the tourists shop on King William street; soooo useful for a walkabout town! Staff were really helpful.

Central market is a must at the weekend; you will notice a big difference in the produce, and be able to compare with the supermarkets. The marion centre was good; easy parking; and offers an insight into aussie shopping habits, which are almost european......... you can even get a massage to relieve those aching shoulders!!!

I am dead jealous, wish i was going again.

The flight back can be used to:SLEEP::SLEEP::SLEEP:

Have fun

Jane

Guest dale_jo@
Hiya Nurse.

Only a 1 week reccie, not sure if you can get a general feel for a place in that time.

The only advice i can give is go to a local pub and chat to the aussie locals not brits.

we spent a few nights going to the Irish bar on King willam street, had a great time, made lots of friends and gained lots of valuble info.

We found Aussie's to be very open and friendly with a total lack of political correctness witch suited me fine.

Its very easy to make friends, i think just talking to people and asking lots of questions is the best advice. Have fun on your reccie.

Matt, Mandy and dogs

DITTO:wubclub:

Guest CDJ_Edwards

We spent 8 days in Adelaide in July (got to see how bad winter really is and it was definitely better than the British summertime this year!!). One of the bits of advice we got from Tyke (we rented his house) to buy their equivalent of an "A to Z" for the city and then you can write on the pages where you particularly like areas, etc. You do get one with a rental car but you can't bring that home. I found it useful especially when you see so much in a short space of time.

We went up to Queensland after Adelaide for a bit of sunshine but both my husband and I agreed that Adelaide had stole our heart and that we couldn't see ourselves living in Brisbane (this had been our choice at the start of the emigrating process)

I hope you have a great time in Adelaide and the favourite thing I did was visit Kangaroo Island as I'd had a picture of it as my screen saver for a whole year and it kept me going during the very long process of getting your visa.

Guest nurse matilda

Shopping followed by beer, with some sunshine thrown in for good measure what more could you ask for? Thanks to all for the advice, loads to cram in by the sounds of it, but can't wait!!!

Will let you know how we get on, hopefully all good news to report and start the visa application when we get back.

M&G