hi all :)

Guest pommyprincess

Guest pommyprincess

hi everyone!

ive been in adelaide now for a year and a half and am loving it. will never go back. the only thing is i am still even now finding it difficult to make friends. i have a few friends but most of them are a fair bit older than me and have kids etc, and dont particularly wanna hit hindley street every weekend if you know what i mean. because i was 19 when i moved here i couldnt go to school, and deffo couldnt afford to go to uni as its so bloody expensive, and all my workmates are much older than me, i am finding it hard to make friends my own age, and ones that appreciate the meaning of going out and getting trollied and having a good laugh! :jiggy:lol

any suggestions would be appreciated as i am fed up of not having my little social network like i did back in england, and having people to hang out with n stuff.

Hi there Princess! Sorry, can't help as I'm one of the "older" ladies with children but just wanted to say welcome to PIA and hope you manage to make some friends soon! If not, perhaps you could fill your lonely evenings looking after my kids so me and the old man could go out on the toot?:biglaugh: Only joking, good luck with your search!

Guest pommyprincess

thanks peeps...i will keep the surf club in mind lol... have only tried surfing once and failed miserably. :biglaugh:

as for your 6ft8 lad, theres heaps of basketball teams etc if he into sport...but if he aint like me, then i dont know lol. theres a few bars and clubs etc that he'd be interested in, as theyre into their live music n stuff here...i just like a good old fashioned rave tho lol so not really my cup of tea. :P

oh thanks for the offer to be a babysitter aswell lol...but i think i am a bit old for that...i got a 14 yr old sister tho, if your real desperate lol :biglaugh:

Guest Aussie pat

Hi Pommy Princess I can remember feeling a bit like you when I first came to the UK having left all my friends behind. The best way to meet people of your own age is to target clubs or courses that would appeal to your age group. I know you can't go to uni but what about a short part time evening course or something like that? I know it sounds a bit calculating but it is the easiest way of meeting people. The other thing is to let people you know over there how you are feeling as they may come up with names of people they know in your age group. Depending on how happy you are in your work you could even consider moving to a job that is likely to attract younger people as well. I know it's not easy but you seem to be a positive happy person otherwise and I'm sure that in time you will make friends of your own age.