is it always this cold?

Guest ade&emma

Guest ade&emma

We arrived four days ago and the weather has been ok., sunny but very breezy. Today though it has been horrid. Cold and wet and quite miserable. We just want to know if it always gets this cold and windy around this time of the year or is this unusually cold? We are close to the coast; is it less windy thre more inland you go?

Cheers Ade & Emma

We arrived four days ago and the weather has been ok., sunny but very breezy. Today though it has been horrid. Cold and wet and quite miserable. We just want to know if it always gets this cold and windy around this time of the year or is this unusually cold? We are close to the coast; is it less windy thre more inland you go?

Cheers Ade & Emma

Always more windy near coast.........................but no where near as windy as in the UK coast.As for weather..........welcome to Adelaide ,13c one day..........then look, in a couple of days 29c:)

It's not been the best of days today but I wouldn't say it's been cold.

We are just into spring here though don't forget :)

As said ,wait until summer!!!!

We've just returned from a week in Darwin,now that was hot and humid!!!!:goofy:

Guest MitchKeza

Hello,

We are arriving in June 2009, Adelaides winter. It will be October 2009 before we see summer again. Then again thats only 13 months from now, much better than 24 months of winter we have had in UK. Been waiting for summer to arrive for two years up here in Cumbria !!!! Regards... Mitchkeza.:chatterbox:

Guest moonraker1959
Hey,

We arrived in April....and were quite suprised how cold it can get in Adelaide...!!

Think the hottest day we had so far is bout 27!!

Lookin forward to summer though.....

Dan

Hi there,

Yes it does always get cold through the winter months.I used to live in the hills and used to go through a few tonne of wood on the old rayburn and woodheater :biglaugh:My best mate was from Queensland and always used to whinge how cold it was!On average in the hills it would reach maybe 5c,and go below zero at night time!!!!

Guest neilrhian

Hi yes it generally gets this cold at this time of the year however its not that bad because we get alot of warm and very hot weather and as the australians will always remind you we need the rain ha ha.

Cheers

Neil

Guest pommyprincess

no it isnt always this cold in adelaide.... we had a record breaking summer last year with like 17 days of over 35 degrees.... we'll be hearing you complaining about the heat then....seriously enjoy the sh*tty english style weather while u can coz there wont be much more of it.

and you might be like oooo 35 degrees thats awesome....but really it aint...if you gotta work etc in it then its completely shocking!! and when you get in the car and cant breath thats a killer aswell :confused:

cant wait for summer tho !!!bring on the heat (30 suits me fine) :jiggy:

Don't mind being cold but I do rely on heating!!

It is nice and autumunal here now wore a cardi for the first time in ages. Our house is cold as it is stone it is normally colder indoors than outdoors which is great in summer (when get any)

no it isnt always this cold in adelaide.... we had a record breaking summer last year with like 17 days of over 35 degrees.... we'll be hearing you complaining about the heat then....seriously enjoy the sh*tty english style weather while u can coz there wont be much more of it.

and you might be like oooo 35 degrees thats awesome....but really it aint...if you gotta work etc in it then its completely shocking!! and when you get in the car and cant breath thats a killer aswell :confused:

cant wait for summer tho !!!bring on the heat (30 suits me fine) :jiggy:

Well said I have been here over 30 years, when we landed it was over 40 and that was before 9am, I will never forget it but wait till it is 42 degs and only goes down to 32 deg at night then lets seen how they moan and any one who loves it over 25 deg cant work for a living, I am an electrician and you should try to get in a roof, if there still cold they could come and work for me.

Off to the UK on Tuesday for 5 weeks, bet i'll be the one moaning how bloody cold it is then