Mistakes?

Guest the staffords

Guest the staffords

how about us that have been here a while listing a few of what we might consider "mistakes" we made during the whole process?

ours would probably be..1.steer clear of radio rentals..2.bring as much as you can with you(especially bedding,towels etc).3.if you are having a stop-over,make it for a week,it will prob be a while before you have next holiday.

hindsight isnt something you can pack!

In my opinion only they are rip off merchants and out of date. However am renting a piece of technology through them only because if i buy it ti will be totally superceded in two years time and I would be left with a piece of junk that I would still be paying off if I'd gone down the rent to own route. The main prob I have with them is that if you rent something then decide to buy it none of the dosh you handed over is taken account of in the final price, only the depreciation loss.

Not there yet, however, the one mistake I have made is to do the IELTS test without doing any research into the test. So the first run at it I only got 6 in the writing section, which is annoying as the test costs £100. I was thinking 'How hard can it be, i'm English born and bred, been doing this for years!!!'. Basically the wrong attitude. I have re-taken the test, hopefully I will pass this time.

Barry

I've made a huge mistake. Namely not doing this years ago.:biglaugh:

Oh and here is a tip for anyone shipping stuff out and selling their car. Don't leave the registration document and the MOT certificate in your filing cabinet that is inside a container sailing down the suez canal at the time you need to sell your car.:arghh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Pete

Guest Sharron & Andrew
I've made a huge mistake. Namely not doing this years ago.:biglaugh:

Oh and here is a tip for anyone shipping stuff out and selling their car. Don't leave the registration document and the MOT certificate in your filing cabinet that is inside a container sailing down the suez canal at the time you need to sell your car.:arghh::biglaugh:

Pete

Nice one Pete!!

That's the sort of thing I would do, especially as we are in the 'lucky' position of having a buyer for our house (family memeber), meaning we will be packing up early and moving into our caravan for a few months!!!:v_SPIN:

Sharron x

Guest Greg and Karen
dont leave home without winter duvets :mad:

ha, ha! couldn't agree more.....we had no idea how cold it would be here at night this time of year! (ok, ok we knew it was winter, but still.....!)

ha, ha! couldn't agree more.....we had no idea how cold it would be here at night this time of year! (ok, ok we knew it was winter, but still.....!)

yep its feckin freezing and then some, and im a northerner :biglaugh: all i can compare it to is going back to the days before central heating and double glazing, when u got dressed under the blankets, i dread our electricity bill:chatterbox:

Guest Greg and Karen
yep its feckin freezing and then some, and im a northerner :biglaugh: all i can compare it to is going back to the days before central heating and double glazing, when u got dressed under the blankets, i dread our electricity bill:chatterbox:

As a kid we didn't have central heating and I remember after a bath legging it down the stairs to be by the (open) fire to get warm.....happy days (hmmmmm)

Not quite that cold here but I do have flashbacks when my little girl hides under the towel shivering after a bath....!

But still (generally) beautiful blue skies, 29 degress coming on Friday and a guaranteed summer on the horizon....oh yeah, that's why we came....

As a kid we didn't have central heating and I remember after a bath legging it down the stairs to be by the (open) fire to get warm.....happy days (hmmmmm)

Not quite that cold here but I do have flashbacks when my little girl hides under the towel shivering after a bath....!

But still (generally) beautiful blue skies, 29 degress coming on Friday and a guaranteed summer on the horizon....oh yeah, that's why we came....

its must be colder down here in seaford i actually saw my breath one morning...btw my house is colder than yours so ner :biglaugh:

Guest katsmajic

Being a tightarse over the heater has paid off as our quarterly bill for gas and electric was less then $300....which is less than everyone we know electric bill alone!

mistakes -

1, should have come sooner - we love it here.

2, should have shipped more stuff....

3, should have realised the move was not going to change the teenagers!

biggest mistake was breaking damn leg!!!

Guest graandjac
our mistakes =

1. Should have done years ago!

I 2nd that.....bloody YEARS ago

when you top up your mobile(vodaphone) buy a $29.00 cap as it gives you $130.00 credit....not $30.00 of credit which gives you $30.00 of credit........why ...??? i dont know:biglaugh:

Guest Tracey Smith
I 2nd that.....bloody YEARS ago

when you top up your mobile(vodaphone) buy a $29.00 cap as it gives you $130.00 credit....not $30.00 of credit which gives you $30.00 of credit........why ...??? i dont know:biglaugh:

And if you buy it from Woolies you get 10% off that price as well. The only problem is if you don't use it all in a month they take it off you.

Ha Ha, I was the same, I drifted off in the listening because it was so easy and missed a few questions!!

Luckily still passed although only got 8 points for my speaking test!! I was fuming, musts have been the manchester accent or the fact that the lady interviewing me was from Pakistan!!

Not there yet, however, the one mistake I have made is to do the IELTS test without doing any research into the test. So the first run at it I only got 6 in the writing section, which is annoying as the test costs £100. I was thinking 'How hard can it be, i'm English born and bred, been doing this for years!!!'. Basically the wrong attitude. I have re-taken the test, hopefully I will pass this time.

Barry