Motivation to pack & hello!

Guest becks&dan

Guest becks&dan

Hi all

Just a note to say hello - I've finally made the jump over to Poms in Adelaide, which is looking great by the way.

I can't believe the day has finally come where I actually need to pack. And what has happened? I can't be bothered! Fear not, I'm sure once I make a start there will be no stopping me!

Becks

:cool:

Guest RandC

Hi becks - welcome to the site - just getting used to it myself - good luck with the packing, I sympathise because I know how much I hate packing and I'm rubbish at decluttering - eat lots of choccie and biccies while you're doing it - save you throwing them away - good luck with your journey to your new life

Cari :)

Hi Becks

Packing...yuk! I hate it too....I end up just half heartily throwing stuff in a suitcase.....We've been renting for 6 months, we started out with minimum stuff...but now we are bursting at the seams with stuff the kids(ok, and me!) have accumulated.

Will end up taking bags and bags to charity shop.

Bin it - start again.

Thats my theory.

Good luck with it all....now you're at this late stage, are you having any wobbly moments?

sarahx

Guest jen&ian

Hi guys,

Packing is so boring. I'm in the middle of packing to move into our rental, thank goodness next time it will be being done by the professionals.

Jen:D(Hurrah I got my smile back!)

Guest steph&neil

hi welcome to PIA! I am sure once you start you get on great! packing is a nightmare for everyone & de-cluttering well.........gotta be done!

cant wait to hear from you once you get over to Adelaide - hopefully we wont be far behind you

take care & best of luck

steph

Guest Bex & Nick

Hi Becks

Bit of a change from the yellow screen....we're not far behind you, flying out on 20th June so perhaps you can have a beer chilled for us! Enjoy the packing ;) I've just been shopping in town and spent way more than I should - I guess that I'll have to swap the new stuff for old (which will then be chucked).

Have fun....

Bex

Guest happy-jools

Hi Bex & Dan welcome to PIA. Pleased youve made the jump out of the custard.

Ive followed your story with anticipation on the other side and read your blog, so its nice to have you on here too.

Hope the packing goes well. Good Luck.

Not long now. Yeah!!! And you thought this day may never come.

Guest becks&dan

Hi all

Thanks for the nice welcome to PIA! It is surprisingly refreshing to not be squinting at the custard screen!

So... when you have no motivation to pack my top tip is head to the shops and treat yourself to a new piece of luggage! That's what I did! And now I've done it all!

Just had the cleaner in this morning and carpets being cleaned this afternoon ready to move out over the weekend. Having our leaving drinks on Sunday and then off to the folks for next week.

It's is suddenly really sinking in - crikey, we're moving to Adelaide! Arghhh, eeek, woohoo, uh-oh, yeh-hah!

Becks

:cool:

Guest The Bowmans

Hi Becks and Dan

Welcome to PIA, I'm sure you'll enjoy it! I browse the yellow pages but some of them seem a bit scary/heavy to me so I'm much happier here! Congratulations with the visa - it looks like it's been a long haul for you - everything worth having is worth waiting for. Good luck with the packing, I don't envy you. We have just come back from holiday so am faced with washing/ironing mountain and as we have sold the house, I won't be far behind you on the house packing front eiher (fingers crossed).

Good luck.

Deena & John :D

Guest bev_stef

Hi Becks:D

Congratulations on completing the process. welcome to PIA. Only a few days to go now, have a great flight, and hope you settle into your new life quickly and smoothly. Keep us posted, once you're settled in.

Take care

Bev

Guest dglamoore

Hi Becks

Good to see you here and looking forward to seeing you in person when you get here next week :)

Give us a call if you need any help when you get here or just fancy a coffee and natter ;)

Lisa:cool: