Why can't i be shy? :P

Guest cjdelphi

Guest cjdelphi

I am shy, but the meds are helping with that :jiggy: lol

Anyway, I'm from Cheshire, Crewe to be precise, at the age of 18 I moved to Tenerife , 2 years later i moved out to Australia, Adelaide.

Been here in North Adelaide since 2001.

Guest Yvonne McAdam

I'm shy too and quite old for this forum chat thing! As you are a youngster who probably knows exactly what they are doing - can you give me a few pointers!

I am a mum of 32 yrs with 3 kids and have never used a chatroom before - can you only chat and get replies while online or do they come up in your email messges box or is that only for personal messages? Looks like I may be spending a good few hours on this to get the hang of it!

We have only just applied so won't be there for a good year or so yet......!

Hi Yvonne,

Fear not, old fruit, i too am an ancient one (42); and if i can get a handle on this, any old fool can:).

Basically, you get an e-mail to tell you a person ( i am a real person anyway) has responded to your post, or a thread you have posted on(?). You then click on the link, and read the message. Easy.........when a 10 year old tells you how its done:GEEK:

There are several shy people on this site! Like Claire; and me, and the staffords, and cornish busdriver......and so many i would mention but wish to spare their blushes:biglaugh:

Enjoy this,

Jane

Guest the staffords
Hi Yvonne,

Fear not, old fruit, i too am an ancient one (42); and if i can get a handle on this, any old fool can:).

Basically, you get an e-mail to tell you a person ( i am a real person anyway) has responded to your post, or a thread you have posted on(?). You then click on the link, and read the message. Easy.........when a 10 year old tells you how its done:GEEK:

There are several shy people on this site! Like Claire; and me, and the staffords, and cornish busdriver......and so many i would mention but wish to spare their blushes:biglaugh:

Enjoy this,

Jane

yep, sure is a lot of shy people on here...and i would never like to be stuck in a lift with most of us! :goofy:

Guest ReadyPenny

I'm not a great mixer myself but have been told will have to get out of that habit to make friends in Oz. I keep chatting and posting on here, hoping that some of you will feel sorry me and take me under your wing when I arrive next year.

Benefit is, you will feel like you already know people, just havent ever seen them!!!

Guest the staffords
Hey, don't knock it, staffords!!:biglaugh:

wash thoroughly, and we might let you get stuck with us:biglaugh::goofy:;

Once got stuck in a lift with a rather gorgeous morcel; then i realised it was mirrored walls.......................................

J

hey..dangermouse..i met most of my best friends in lifts!!!

this is a true story.....spent all of holiday weekend in flinders hospital(thats where we met hafwyn(carryon on this site)..what a nurse...a cross between,florence nightingale and elle mcphereson...looking after our sick daughter..anyway,i digress...

me being a smoker spent lots of time trying to find "lepers corner"...up and down the lifts...strange lifts...there i was one day,got in on level 2..pressed 4,usual deathly silence,the 8 people in there starring forward,not saying a word....the lift stopped at 4...it gave out that "ping" noise...the frickin doors didnt open...tried pulling them open...then heard that"clearing the throat" noise,got tap on the shoulder...and theres this bloke,pointing behind me...WHAT???bloody doors opened other end of the way i got in...what sort of bloody lift do you call that????...:goofy:

Its hard being shy, i used to be terrible when i was younger, but nursing brought me out of myself. Now i probly say too much and put my foot in it alot (sometimes my brain doesnt catch up to my gob:biglaugh:and make a prat of meself ). My hubster is much quieter and he said to me the other day thank god you will speak to anyone otherwise we'd never have met people. Its hard but the best way to make friends is to get out and about and meet people, if they invite you somewhere ask them back etc. Its not easy it takes time, we're just forging real friendships now and ive met some really lovely people, both aussie and brits. But they take time, personally id rather have 2 or 3 close friends than dozens of aquantences, but thats my bag baby :)

Guest the staffords
:biglaugh:...........only a brummy:biglaugh::biglaugh:.

NUTTER.

Still, if the fags don't kill ya; the embarrasment might!!!!!!

Off for a puff myself.........shocking behaviour from a nurse; and espesh one who is a cross between flo, and a blimp.......

nutter...definately....brummie..oooooh..never...staffordshire(south) born and bred...and i love laughin at myself..nobody else does!!...description..paul,40 something,what a plonker..:goofy:

Guest the staffords
Its hard being shy, i used to be terrible when i was younger, but nursing brought me out of myself. Now i probly say too much and put my foot in it alot (sometimes my brain doesnt catch up to my gob:biglaugh:and make a prat of meself ). My hubster is much quieter and he said to me the other day thank god you will speak to anyone otherwise we'd never have met people. Its hard but the best way to make friends is to get out and about and meet people, if they invite you somewhere ask them back etc. Its not easy it takes time, we're just forging real friendships now and ive met some really lovely people, both aussie and brits. But they take time, personally id rather have 2 or 3 close friends than dozens of aquantences, but thats my bag baby :)

hi clare...you dont know how to spell aquaintinananances do you?

Guest the staffords
I'm not a great mixer myself but have been told will have to get out of that habit to make friends in Oz. I keep chatting and posting on here, hoping that some of you will feel sorry me and take me under your wing when I arrive next year.

Benefit is, you will feel like you already know people, just havent ever seen them!!!

readypenny...if that is a picture of your car?? then i already feel sorry for you!!!!

jokin...u will be just fine...loads of lovely.shy,friendly people here..:chatterbox:

Guest the staffords
oh dear another one on the wine, my spelling is notourisousoly crap, i wont defend it im too lazy to edit :biglaugh:

clare...clare..clare...after me..you ready? notouriusly..N.O.T.O.R.I.O.U.S.L.E.Y.

ITS EASY!!!!!!:)

Guest the staffords
supercalifradulouiexpialidosious see i cant even get that right lol

FRICK!!!!the first one you got right all night!!!!..anyway,would love to teach you to spell all night...but,ive had a shave and the mrs just shouted "are you on that flickin thing all night,or what?".....so im gonna chance my arm at,the,"or what"...nite nite;)

He should be so lucky:biglaugh:; betcha she just wanted a brew!!

Claire, you and me have a fair bit in common, it seems, shy, befor nursing converted us to mouthy ones; quiet OH's, wine drinking, bad spellers................so much for being unique.

Don't tell Paul; but i will be staying in Morphett Vale..............there goes his neighbourhood; hahaha.

Guest the staffords
He should be so lucky:biglaugh:; betcha she just wanted a brew!!

Claire, you and me have a fair bit in common, it seems, shy, befor nursing converted us to mouthy ones; quiet OH's, wine drinking, bad spellers................so much for being unique.

Don't tell Paul; but i will be staying in Morphett Vale..............there goes his neighbourhood; hahaha.

yeahhhh..ok..you females are so clever....a brew it was..but im really enjoying my book,and managed 2 more chapters last night....and dont worry,clare aint gonna tell me that you are planning on moving to m/vale...kind regards paul,moving to seaford.;)

Guest the staffords
:)It's a gift; hope the move isn't too stressful, hahaha..

plonker...its no big deal...ive got another birthday next year!!!!;)decided to stay in m/vale...gonna buy a yappy dog instead..c u soon neighbour x