OMG they've approved our visa

Guest deb and stoo

Guest deb and stoo

Yo dudes

Firstly many appologies for not posting for a while (well about 6 months) but how time flies when you're worrying about not getting in.

Anyway good news,had a call from our agent to say that yes we have been approved and could we post our passports off to them for the 'shiny stamp',which was done within minutes of the call :).

So next stage is to set a date for the move,we're looking Aug/Sept and was wondering if any of you lovely people have used the SA Gov cheap rental scheme and how you go about applying etc,any help with this stage be most appreciated and an invite to the first barbie guaranteed.;)

Sold the house last week so thats a worry out of the way,the next one to sort out the many leaving P**s ups :D.

Hoping to see lots of you all soon.

Stoo,Deb & Boyz

Guest steph&neil

Well done!!!!!!!!!!!! bet you have popped a cork already!, you sound well organised! we are hoping to be out July/August time as well! we just put our house on the market (scary!)

not sure about the cheap rentals, but am sure someone out there will assist!;)

Congrats & hope all goes well!

steph x

Guest deb and stoo

Hi Steph

Thanks for that and yes Deb managed a glass or three,lol,I on anti- biotics for ear infection but put a Moet in the fridge for when the shiny stamps arrive :o.

We were in at least two minds as to when to put the house on the market and put it up two weeks ago,sold the afternoon the board went up in the morning so maybe we should have asked more for it ha ha.

Would be great to meet up when you get there,my dad was from Fraserburgh and we going up there in August to say bye to the remaining relatives before we go, so nice to hear a friendly accent.(and with a surname like Bruce cant see a problem fitting in ;))

Best of luck with the rest of the process and sure the house will be sold before you know it.

Stoo,Deb & Boyz

Guest steph&neil

Hi we are in Aberdeen, we have a lot if viewing booked fir this weekend (fingers crossed) if not sold in 4 weeks will chuck the cars in as well hehehee, 2 weeks after that the kids haha joking! what jobs are you going to be doing? have you though about an area you want to stay in?

Neil has been offered 3 jobs - will go fir interviews when we get out there! I have been offered the sponsorship as a massage therapist (i am beauty therapist, but must specify this category for the visa! i think it always sounds dodgy!)

Keep me posted as to how you are getting on

I wish you all the best & would def like to meet up out there!

steph x

Guest mOZzy

excellent news!!!! i hope the hangover is not too bad ;)

re accomodation: do you refer to the one you can get from sa? not 100% sure but i think it's on the sa website. (i think something like: accomodation on arrival ...) - you best ask lisa!!

good luck!!

Hi Deb & Stoo

CONGRATULATIONS!! on getting your visas, and selling your house!!

To apply for the OAA (on accommodation arrival) you just need to download the application from the SA GOV website...they will need your flight number to process it and you do need to apply at LEAST 6 weeks before you go (so can do now) and you will hear whether you have got one about 2 weeks before you go.

We are flying out on the 15th August.....from Heathrow from Singapore airline.

...So, bbq? invite?

Good luck with the next bit.

sarahx

Guest deb and stoo

Hi all

Thank you so much for the replys and info, Steph,the very best of luck with the house viewings over the weekend,when we last visited up your way I was most impressed by the beautiful granite houses and how solid they felt,much nicer than the soft southern ones down this way :( so cant see a problem there,luckily we sort of half know our buyers so that really helps, and we sent the kids to my mums when we were viewing to create a sense of space as well as filling the attic with all our junk plus put coffee machine and breadmaker on :D,and I'm looking for work at the airport as I'm an aircraft engineer,presently employed by Mr Branson (Virgin Blue pretty big in Adelaide) Deb prepared to have a go at anything.

Thanks Lisa & Sarah,re the OAA I'll look for that form and get that filled in and off to them,does that mean you are using the scheme ? And a shame you flying Singapore not Virgin as I might have been able to wangle some upgrades for you ;), and as for the barbie invites,of course you're all invited,be nice to talk about our experiences in the tunnel and what its like now we've emerged.....sounds more like 'The Great Escape' than emigration ha ha.

Hope you all have a nice weekend,its flippin cold here today:mad:

Stoo Deb & Boyz

Guest Jane.Mason

Hi Deb stoo and boyz

Congratualtions on that Visa. We are hoping to be out July. Still trying to sell house and now just waiting for Visa Grant, all info now rec'd at Dima so hopefully not too long.

Not even thought about flying Virgin, Singapore always come out favourable though.

Regards

Jane and Andi

Guest deb and stoo

Hi Jane & Mason

The only trouble with Virgin is we only fly to Sydney at the mo so would be a case of jumping on a Virgin Blue flight to Adelaide.

The good think is the planes are virtually brand new,Airbus A340-600's and all have the very latest In Flight Entertainment which is top notch (I can personally vouch for that).

So my next move is to blag 4 one way tickets out of them after I've handed in my notice,mentioning my 10 years of loyal service with them (much better than the usual pen I feel) and obviously inviting Mr Branson to our first barbie,well I've been to lots of his :).

Best of luck with the next few months and hope to see you when we get there.

;)

Stoo Deb & Boyz

Great news, its a wonderful feeling when you finally get that visa :).

We are hoping to fly out about the same time as you guys with Singapore, not booked the flights yet though, we will do when we are a little closer through the house sale ie exchanging contracts, we dare not tempt fate :eek:.

OAA is on arrival accomodation & you can apply for this when you have your flights booked. I think the application includes adding your flight details to it. Its not guaranteed either so I guess we all have to have a plan B - just in case !

Good luck

Angela

Guest The Bowmans

Hi Stoo, Deb and Boyz

Many congratulations on your visa and good luck with the next stage of the process. Well done on the house sale too.

Best wishes

Deena and John :D

Guest bev_stef

Hi Stoo Deb and boyz

Congratulations and well done on getting those visa and selling the house. Fantastic news, only the packing and goodbyes to deal with now. Bet you can't wait.:D

Good Luck for your new life (very soon), and keep us posted with updates.

Bev

Guest Aussiebound

Congratulation on getting the visa and good luck with your new life. We are just waiting to hear back from TRA so seems a lifetime away still. Keep in touch with all the info

Guest deb and stoo

Hi Lisa

Thank you for the link,I'm busily looking through them now and sending off for a meet and greet form,did you use this service too?

Its great to hear from another friendly voice on the other side,knowing you've been through the mill and popped out the other side is most comforting and as the 15th draws closer the questions/worries build up so nice to know you're there to ask and I'm quite looking forward to helping and sharing our experiences when we get there.

Thank you to everyone one else who's wished us luck it means a lot knowing theres so much support from the site and anything we can do to help etc we will and hope to see a lot of you at one of the many barbies I'm planning (just how big a barbie should we buy?) :D

Fingers crossed for all

;)

Stoo Deb & Boyz

Guest The Bowmans

Hi Stoo and Deb

The answer is a BIG ONE! I see the visas arrived today - congratulations! Won't be long now.

Deena:)

Guest deb and stoo

Hi Lisa

Tell Greg WOW !!! Thats a wonderful thing he has there,I'm so jealous and am definately not taking mine with me,it pales against his :D. Will buy something similar when we get sorted. :)

And yes Deena the visa come Saturday morning so as the McFadden and Whitehead song said 'Aint no stopping us now'

;)

Stoo Deb & Boyz