hi , help needed from 457 to permanent residency

Guest mrs pixie

Guest mrs pixie

We have been here 9 months and are on a 457 work visa , we are wanting to apply for permanent residency and my husbands employer has said he will help with this , does any one know the best way to go about this . do we use an agent or go it alone ,any info and help will be much appreciated

I know this is not the same but, when we initially came over it was on a perm ENS subclass 121 visa, we did it ourselves without any problems. Have a look at the forms on the immigration website and see what you think.

I know of someone who did this, and had to go offshore and re enter Australia.

Jackie

First step is to get your employer to nominate his position for a RSMS (Sub-class 857) visa. Once the nomination is approved by the State and then the Federal government you can apply for the visa using a form 47ES along with form 80's and and your Med forms. You all will require medicals and adults will need x-rays.

Just going through the process ourselves.

Paul.

Guest mrs pixie

hi , thanks for your reply we have been told my husband has to get his skills assessed , did you do that and how is it done , also are you using an agent and can you recommend one . We are in the adelaide hills , does my husbands boss start the process off and how long does the nomination take , sorry there are so many questions just not sure which way to go , jo .

Provided your husband has qualifications equivalent to Australian Diploma Level 4 he will not need to have his skills assessed for a RSMS visa application.

My employer started the ball rolling by submitting a Form 1054 to the Regional Certifying Body at Immigration SA to nominate me for the job. The process takes only a matter of a month.

You can submit your visa application in parallel but we decided to use the processing time to fill out the visa and supporting documents/forms.

Once the visa application is submitted and medicals completed the process can take up to 6 months but i know of one case that took 6 weeks.

We're not using an Agent as the process is straight forward but time consuming filling in the required detail on the forms. All the information is readily available from the Immigration website.

In the first instance i'd get your husbands boss to speak to someone at Immigration SA, here's there contact details:

Program Support Officer, Regional Migration

Immigration South Australia

GPO Box 1264

ADELAIDE SA 5001

Telephone: 08 8204 9250

Email: immigration.sa@state.sa.gov.au