Another house sale falls through

Guest natdan

:arghh: :arghh: The buyers at the bottom of our chain have just dropped out !!!

Absolutely gutted . We have flights booked for the 6th Dec , one way.

There were only 3 people in the chain including us , our buyers are ok but there buyers have dropped out , with only 1 week to complete aswell , solicitors and everyone had done all the work etc, but they decided to drop out because they can !!

We are now trying to find returrn flights for early Jan 2009 to return to the uk for our work, instead of confirming the container , saying goodbyes etc. and just planning our new lives in Adelaide. Are good friends who live in Modbury heights will also be gutted, but for now at least we can hopefully have a great xmas with them.

WILL NOT give up hope and hope to sell soon.WE WILL get there eventually :).

Its going to be a expensive 2nd reccie we did not need , but visas need to be activated by 18th dec.

GOOD LUCK to all trying to get there and those already there

BIG DRINK needed tonight !!!!!!!!!!!

Louise n Wayne

:realmad: 'm with Ian. If an offer is applying you should be committed by law to complete. FFS these people mess up everyones lives. Its not just the likes of us jumping ship but others wantingneeding to downsize, upsize or relocate. Everyone has to put their lives on hold just because you can pull it whenever it suits.

Its bad enough if you are just moving withing the country but when you have to juggle airlines, containers, goodbyes, handing in notices, starting work in Oz, etc, etc, etc.

I really feel for you guys. In the end we had to rent our house out because those buying pulled out.:realmad: Could you not do the same?

Still on the upside (always gotta look for one) it gives us a few years to find the right area for us to live full time so when we do eventually sell we will have a nice little lump sum to put down.

Good Luck

Pete

Guest KP Nuts

Hi Louise, I'm so sorry to read your news......... totally agree with the other's it shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Do you have any chance of renting your property, instead of having a very expensive holiday????

Hope you done the whole bottle last night and the head's not to bad this morning..

Good luck

Guest Mick and Helen

Know how you feel this happened to us but worse I worked with the woman who was buying my house so there where many tensions at work. We eventually sold but at a much lower price and moved here nov 2005.It was the most stressful time of my life ( but great way to lose weight.) and would not like to go through that again. Hang on in there and eventually it will seem like a bad dream. Good luck.

Helen

So sorry to hear the news, how stressful, we have decided to go whether we sell the house or not and just rent over there whilst paying the mortgage here, we may change our minds nearer the time.

I'm just waiting for that one person on the BBC News to say 'house prices are on the up', then it will be mayhem - please happen soon for all our sakes

Guest vikkiann

Louise

we were due to exchange contracts on friday, our buyer started to stall us so alarm bells were ringing. He pulled out today, i am so bloody mad.

All the time wasted not to mention how much our house has lost value in this time.

His reason...........

it's an older property (1950's) and may need some maintenance in the future so we now have to book return flights and hope one day soon we will be in Adelaide but for us it will only be a holiday this year.

Gotta open a bottle of wine now.

Vikki

Sorry to hear your news.

We are now going to rent out our house, which I was dead against, but after reading that house prices in the north west may take 7 years to get back to 2007 levels, this was the decider for me.

Had a letting agent round today who I felt confident with and said rental market was ok.

best of luck

Diane

Guest happy feet

Really sorry to hear your news... This happened to me last week, should have moved out next friday, it feels awful, all plans put back. I am going to look into renting, this seems to be the best option at the mo... Good luck with everything and enjoy your hols..

Really sorry Vikki, it really shouldn't be able to happen..Good luck loveyxxxx

Cara

Guest caoimhe
Louise

we were due to exchange contracts on friday, our buyer started to stall us so alarm bells were ringing. He pulled out today, i am so bloody mad.

All the time wasted not to mention how much our house has lost value in this time.

His reason...........

it's an older property (1950's) and may need some maintenance in the future so we now have to book return flights and hope one day soon we will be in Adelaide but for us it will only be a holiday this year.

Vikki

How can some people live with themselves after treating others like this

We have our buyers calling round tomorrow night for a 'chat' if anything goes wrong I will throw in the towel:arghh:

Guest happy feet

Jacqueline good luck with to-morrow... Don't normaly pray, yrt finding mydelf doin it more and more these days... fingers crosed lovey, but don't even think about throwing towel in, although i have had that feeling recently

Cara

Hi Louise,

So sorry to hear this - the same thing happened to us last July. I had just been on the phone to the shippers paying for them to come when the EA rang to say the bottom of the chain had pulled out. Same story as you - us, our buyers and the bottom of the chain. I was totally devastated at the time and didn't know if we should come or not. Hubbie persuaded me to come anyway and left the house for sale. It finally sold in December 07 and that then allowed us to move out of rented and buy our house.

Hope things work out for you.

Karen

Louise

His reason...........

Vikki

Hi Vikki Jacqueline , Karen and everyone else who replied to the post, :).

Fingers and toes crossed for you Jacqueline , and so sorry for you vikki , i think we could get a club going !! OH as just booked return flights for 11th Jan , how sad and so expensive :arghh:. So wish we did not have to go just to activate, just more money down the drain , aaghhh.

HOPE WE ALL have more look selling next year [ please god ] , i am not optimistic though as i am the manager of our estate agents and the forecast looks bleak [ SORRY ]. I have to work and deal with it every day so its a double whammy , i need a job change if i get to OZ.

Am definately gonna make sure we have a great time in Adelaide over xmas though, may catch up with afew people out there , hope so.

Thanks to all , and GOOD LUCK , LETS HERE SOME GOOD NEWS FOR A CHANGE.

of to tesco now WOLF BLASS SHIRAZ 6 bottles for £ 18 , you cant beat that.Only 1 tonight though,

Louise.