hello

Guest max

hi

i`ve just started my visa application having visited melbourne/ adelaide in march.melbourne too much like uk,adelaide lovely? we only spent 6 days around glenelg,brighton,hallet cove,flagstaff hill etc ,did city ,lofty,cleland and victor harbour.we didn`t really find anything we didn`t like except not letting you in while driving!

have i got rose tinted specs on? why are so many of us wishing to go there?

any feed back would be appreciated.

thanks

max 42

nikki 40

jamie 11

abigail 3

Guest bev_stef

Hi Max

Welcome to PIA. Always plenty of people to get replies from here. I guess we're all looking for that better life for our families, away from here, where most things seem to be getting worse, rather then better. We want to do it for a better life to bring our kids up, but we know we have to be realistic taht there will be downsides aswell, especially missing family and friends this end.

Good Luck with your application, and any questions just ask, always someone around to help.

Bev

Guest Django

Hi Max,

Welcome to PIA.

we didn`t really find anything we didn`t like except not letting you in while driving!

Where do you normally drive? Not London then. 36_11_6.gif If that is the only bad thing about Adelaide then we must be doing the right thing. Those drivers are probably all ex pats anyway :D

Pete

Guest steph&neil

hi there welcome to PIA! we want to get of this expensive Island that taxes you for everything!

this is a great site with lots of people who are only too happy to help in any way they can!

steph x :D

Guest kellyjo

Hey, it seems to take forever for the application, we have just found out and fly out 24 june. The best people to rent from are l j hooker it seems.

I've found Adelaide to be great, been out twice and fell in love with the place and people. Email if you need more info, be happy to help.

Good luck

Kellyjo:)

Guest graandjac

Hi Max and family well for us its a better future for the kids and we are fed up at working our socks off for what seems not alot, would like to work as hard with more reward, and a bit more time to spend with my family and after doing loads of research ,cost of living,way of life.......Adelaide is hopefully our future.:) Cheers Graham & Jacqui

Guest mOZzy

welcome max and family!

well, our reason for adelaide was mainly because it seems to be family friendly - we have 2 little ones, and we want them to be occupied alot ;)

then the climate and i like the fact that adelaide seems to be a small city/big town - there the information varies :cool: - and everything seems to be in 'easy' reach

and i also like that you have different areas close by: sea, hills, wineyards, city

well, we haven't been there yet (and most likely won't go on a rekkie either :eek:)

but it at least sounds good to us from researching and stalking everyone online living there :P

Guest sarah

We came over to Adelaide in February with our two 1/2 yr girl...we are really loving it, its so pretty, so much to occupy yourselves with if your on a tight budget as we were/are. I think you have the best of all worlds here, so long as you dont isolate yourself up in the wintery hills.

Guest dglamoore

Hi Sarah and Max

Welcome both of you to PIA ;)

We have been here 5 weeks and love it. We have no doubts at all that this is the best move we could have made. We must be lucky as we have not found the driving here that bad :o. The people here are really friendly and the whole place has a more laid back feel. Although chilly at the moment and raining quite a bit you still get to see blue skies and it does not have the damp dingy feel the uk has in winter.

Although Adelaide is classed as a small city it is spread our over a large area so not quite the 20 minute city :P

Remember people regret things they did not do more than they regret things they have done so chances like this have to be grabbed!

Lisa;)

Guest emmylou

Hi!

Went over to Adelaide in April and really loved it. I am going back in August and hope to move out later on in the year. I had not been to SA before and was really surprised how much I loved it!

It's a really big decision but one that is worth doing

Good luck

Emma

Guest donna T

Remember people regret things they did not do more than they regret things they have done so chances like this have to be grabbed!

Lisa;)

Totally agree

Life is what you make it - and you can make more of it here in Adelaide. It is very beautifull.

I was driving back from the Central Market this morning, car stuffed with fresh fruit and veg and there was a break in the rain - the sun came out and I could see the hills ahead, the city behind and the sea off to my right - couldn't get that in London!;)

Guest donna T

Hi Kelly

Izzy won't start Kindy for a while yet and I am lucky enough to be able to be at home. She goes to playgroup and Kindergym and swimming lessons so she is quite busy!! (and I am quite knackered!!)

Good luck with your move and let me know if I can be help in any way - even for a cuppa and playdate whenyou arrive x

Guest kellyjo

Hi, thanks for emailing back, lucky you i think....

I have to sort something out asap when i arrive, need to work and connor needs the play mates, Just trying to get recommendations. Be really good to meet up, I don't think your to far from where we are gonna be. Can't wait counting the hours. Speak soon.

Guest sallyclaire

Just wanted to say thanks to all the contributors. We have been struggling with where to move to & more you research, harder it gets! Our first instincts were for Adelaide as we feel it will be the right size place for us (not too 'big city') & great for the kids & we have come back round to our initial decision after looking into Perth & QLD. At the end of the day, it's up to each person to make it work for yourselves and at some point you just have to take a risk and jump on in!

Good luck!:)

Sally