early stages

ails

hello all

finding this site very useful so decided to join today. I'm just at the skills assessment stage so have got a long way to go before i'm able to leave these shores. Going alone but have family in Adelaide so hopefully i'm not too crazy and will pick up a few friends along the way. Even though i've only just started the process, i'm already counting the days!

I'm a primary school teacher and there seem to be a few of us hoping to try our luck in Adelaide .. their systems seem a little confusing, but i'm gradually working out what i need to do to teach over there.

ails

Guest ali@51

Hi Alis

welcome to PIA everyone is very freindly and you can usualy find someone to help.

I am not a teacher but I know their are quite a few out their. Good luck with your paperwork as from what the other teachers post it seems to be quite "protracted":o

Good luck anyway and I hope things run smoothly.

Guest bev_stef

Hi Ails

Just wanted to welcome you to PIA, and wish you well on your voyage to the other side of the world. It is a long trip, but seems to be very worth the while as many people are saying who have already reached that end.

Keep us posted and let us know when you're assessment comes though, we like to keep up with everyone here.

Best wishes

Bev

Guest steph&neil

Hi there welcome to PIA! a great source for resourcing anything you can't find else where!

good luck with all the paperwork - it will all be worth it in the end :D

Am sure as a teacher you are on overload with paperwork all the time,

we are a friendly bunch all in the same boat -trying to get out of this rat run we call life!

take care,

steph x

Guest deb and stoo

Hi Ails and welcome

Can always do with a good digger as we have many tunnels being dug,also need people to wander round the yard scattering dirt from special bags tucked down your trousers.Wont be long before the trap door opens and you run off into the sun and a better life and having family on the outside sure must help.;)

Best of luck during the process,it feels like its taking forever but it'll be worth it in the end.

:D

Stoo Deb & Boyz

Guest mOZzy

welcome welcome

not a teacher myself either but still, good luck with the whole process!

i am sure there are others who can answer all your questions :)

we are only at the beginning ourselves ;)

hi all

thanks for the warm welcome. i can really sense everyone's excitement .. how do you keep focussed on normal life here while your heads are in the clouds .. i'm struggling with that already and i've got ages to go yet!

i've learnt lots about teaching over there just by reading all the messages already on here in the education section, as well as checking the SA Gov website so thats saved me a bit of time later.

Ails

Guest Rachael

Hi Ails

I'm a Primary teacher! I'm in my second year teaching year 4. We're going on my husband's occupation cos I've not been teaching long enough. We sent our TRA off this week! My Mum, Dad and brother are all coming too and I have some family in Australia. I find it really hard to concentrate on OZ stuff during term time so rarely get to visit PIA. My school is one form entry so I have lots to do for my year group.

We've hired an agent to take off the load and my husband, although an enemy to my computer, is trying his best with a lot of the paperwork.

Hope all goes well for you, Welcome to the site.

Rachael. xx. :D

Hi Rachel

snap..i'm a year 4 year 4 teacher in my second year, but i'm being sponsored on the 138 visa – Skilled Australian Sponsored, so i've taught for long enough thank goodness. i'm busy writing 31 school reports at the moment. i know what you mean about not being able to concentrate during term time, i told my agent to send me my list of 'to dos' during half term for the next stage just so i could get some bits done now.

good luck

Ails

Guest The Bowmans

Hi Ails

Just wanted to say "Hi" and wish you luck with your application. It is very hard to concentrate on your normal everyday life whilst in the application stage, expcially when all you want to do is leave you "normal" life behind!

Good luck and welcome to PIA.

Deena

Guest The Bowmans

Hi Ails

We are taking Amber and Max with us - couldn't leave them behind! We have had a quote from Jets4Pets (http://www.jets4pets.com). who seem really good. They have quoted us £1217.84 to ship both Amber and Max for us to Melbourne. This is the nearest quarantine centre to Adealide. Once there we will have to pay boarding fees for them for the 30 days they are in quarantine. It works out at $3.55 per day for the first animal plus $10.55 per day for the second.

Amber and Max have been micro-chipped but will need rabies jabs and blood tests before they go to.

It all seems fairly straightforward - I am a bit worried about how they will cope with the journey etc but at least they will have each other.

If you want any more info, let me know.

Deena:)

thanks for that Deena

not as expensive as i thought it might be, so thats a bonus. Do jets4pets arrange the flight from melbourne to adelaide too or do you have to sort that out yourself? feel a bit sorry that he will be on his own for so long ... but gives me time i suppose to sort stuff when i get there. haven't microchipped him yet so will do that when he has his yearly check up.

i've got my skills form on my kitchen table ready to sign and send back to agent .. very excited!

thanks for the info

Ails

Guest The Bowmans

Hi Ails

Glad the info was useful. As far as I know, you have to arrange transportation yourself from Melbourne to Adelaide but J4P may well be able to help/advise you with this. I think we will probably drive to collect Amber and Max as I won't be able to wait to see them!

How sad am I?

Good luck with your skills applicaton, if you need any help with anything - just shout.

Deena:)

thanks for that. i need to sort the fee out tomorrow, then its off to the agent for sending off.

My sister and family moved to Adelaide 2 years ago, her hubby's a welder - got a job no problem , if thats of any interest.

ails

Guest Aussiebound

Thats nice to hear, always seems to be so many more jobs come up on searchs in Perth and Brisbane. Nice to know there are jobs in Adelaide. Sure we'll find something!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Aussiebound
Neil in early stages of TRA could you send me a copy of yours Iam a printer from Bolton not sure where to start with it thanks steve

No problem, will try and send it for you now. TRA came back successful last week. :D:D:D

Guest CARMEN

HI AILS!:P

I'M NOT A TEACHER, I'M A NURSE BUT I AM AT AN EARLY STAGE, WAITING FOR THE AUSSIE NURSING BOARD TO,SAY THEY WANT ME! I WISH I WAS GOING TOMORROW - IT WILL BE FAB,SO HANG IN THERE AND IT WILL ALL BE WORTH IT THE END.

;)

hi carmen

thanks for that.

my agent conformed that my skills assessment went off to Teaching Australia today, so the long wait really starts for me now. Getting all the bits and bobs together for visa stage now ..... i don't even want to go til next summer, but i want my visa so i know I CAN go!

good luck with yours

Ails