Newbee

Sue29

Hi all

Been reading over the last few weeks & now brave enough to write!

We are leaving Newcastle on 5th Feb 2009 to start our hopefully happy new life down under. We applied in June & got our visas last month, flights now book for Feb.

We have the same problems as everyone else, sale of property we have a potential buyer but he is having problems getting a mortgage or do we put it up for rent as we can't wait anylonger really arghhh.

We are not using a container to ship things over due to the cost but want to ship things out but not sure what way to do it, did anyone else do this or any ideas?

My partner is a RMN & is hoping to get work as a nurse & I work as a medical secretary & again hoping to work in that field.

We both into motorsport F1 & WRC rallying, is there much rallying in Oz we know that the WRC is coming out in September 09 but is there much locally in Adelaide?

We just so excitied about coming out, we flying to Sydney having a few days there & then driving down to Melbourne & then onto Adelaide. Dreading leaving the people behind I can't even think about saying goodbyes, but this is what we want to do. We know the road ahead will be hard but we prepared to do it!

Wish us luck :)

Guest Guest75

Hi Sue and Rob.

Welcome to PIA.

There is a little rallying here ,some great roads and tracks in the hills for it.Have a peek here............

http://www.rallysa.com.au/index.asp

http://www.bcl.com.au/Adelaide/active/rallycardriving.htm

There is the Clipsal event as well.

http://www.clipsal500.com.au/2009-bring-it-on/.

Good Luck guys with everything and best wishes for the road ahead...

It can be hard and there will be tears but it's all worth it and you have so much to look forward to starting your new life!

Keep us updated with your move...

Lynz xxxxx

Guest brandyslad

Hi there,

we are just starting out visa process, waiting on vetassess to come back and say whether I pass or fail. Getting all the paperwork together is a bit of a nightmare, want to have SA sponsorship in before Xmas if at all possible.

What visa are you heading out on?

My OH is a big WRC fan. It comes to us here, last year it was a few miles away but the weather was dreadful, you can imagine Ireland in November, I went along but thought how much nicer it would be in good weather!! I'd never heard of the SA rally so have bookmarked that for him to have a wee look at tonight.

You are so lucky having your flights booked, would love to be going in a few months. Good luck with it all.

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Guys

Welcome to PIA and good luck with your move!!

Hope everything goes well for you, we are hoping to head out in March 09 so not long behind you!!

Keep us posted

Mandy

Guest moviemummy

Hi

This is so nerve racking! First post!!!!!!

Been reading all your really useful posts, many thanks for all the great information.

Husband, two sprogs and me made the life changing decision to emigrate in July this year. We have been thinking about it for the past 12 years! OK, we're a bit slow!

Now 40 years young (me) and 44(hubbie) we are finally taking the plunge. Girl (11) very happy but boy (9) a bit worried. Any one have any advice on selling the idea to a skateboarding mad gamer boy?

Have booked holiday for March/ April next year, will be staying in Woodcroft. Can't wait!

Again, thanks for all the tips and advice. Been invaluable so far - you clever bunch!

Cheers x

Guest Nicky&Andy

hi moviemummy

google adelaide skate park, they have a web cam, it looks huge, got my boys excited, our scate park looks pretty pathetic compared to this one.

were out in feb to activate our visa,( Unless we decide to rent the house out & make it one way)

Guest Dave & Carole

Good luck. We are so envious you have a date to go!!! Like you, we spent ages on here looking before we actually contributed . This forum is definitely the best find in all our research - it has been soooooo helpful so far - no doubt it will be even more once actually have our visas!

Guest moviemummy

Thanks. Our local skate park also looks like a pre-school effort compared to the adelaide one! This did move a short way to changing his mind. Think he's a little worried he won't make new friends. Our daughter is such a wee chatty girl she'll have no problem. He's a little shy.

Cheers x

Hi

We did our sponsorship with SA I it didn't take very long think it was back in April, as my OH is a RMN he had to get all his old qualifications together which was bit of a mare, no easy way to say it. We are going out on a Class VE Subclass 176 Skilled Sponsored & with the sponsorship we have to agree to live in SA for 2 years, but we have been twice & like it so that should'nt be a prob.

My OH was over in Ireland last year for the rally with the "boys" me & my friend had a blast in Dublin which was brilliant. He a bit worried about the rallying in Oz but with the WRC in September we will have that to look forward to & hoping to get to Singapore for the F1 which I love!

Yes, can get bogged down with everything but really looking forward to it once you start thinking about it, got Billy Connelly DVD from a few years ago keep watching that,when he was touring Oz.

Good luck with everything & hope you get some good news at Chrimbo, do you know where you are planning on going to once everything is sorted?

Sue

Hi there,

we are just starting out visa process, waiting on vetassess to come back and say whether I pass or fail. Getting all the paperwork together is a bit of a nightmare, want to have SA sponsorship in before Xmas if at all possible.

What visa are you heading out on?

My OH is a big WRC fan. It comes to us here, last year it was a few miles away but the weather was dreadful, you can imagine Ireland in November, I went along but thought how much nicer it would be in good weather!! I'd never heard of the SA rally so have bookmarked that for him to have a wee look at tonight.

You are so lucky having your flights booked, would love to be going in a few months. Good luck with it all.

Hiya , we came out 17 months ago on a 457 visa, we have 2 kids and moved here witin 4 months of my husband getting a job we jetted off qith 4 suit cases and nothing else but ourselves!! It was a sad time saying goodbye and miss everyone heaps!!

As for SA what a fab place could not have asked for anything better!!

We are living in the north east and have just bought our own home, if you need any advice or information, more than happy to help!

We love the f1 v8's and much more, we have the clipsal 500 here and loads of racing at mallala ( not sure how its spelt) lol

take care and keep in touch :wubclub:

Hiya , we came out 17 months ago on a 457 visa, we have 2 kids and moved here witin 4 months of my husband getting a job we jetted off qith 4 suit cases and nothing else but ourselves!! It was a sad time saying goodbye and miss everyone heaps!!

As for SA what a fab place could not have asked for anything better!!

We are living in the north east and have just bought our own home, if you need any advice or information, more than happy to help!

We love the f1 v8's and much more, we have the clipsal 500 here and loads of racing at mallala ( not sure how its spelt) lol

take care and keep in touch :wubclub:

Hi

What area is the North East? We are more country as to the beach kinda people, we have been looking around the Gawler & Springtown areas, do you know them? Can't wait to hopefully have a place with a bit of land after living in this cramped country.

I think that is going to be us just with our suitcases as shipping is so expensive so we having to be ruthless & putting things in familys lofts!

Not seen much of the V8s apart from on eurosport has it on, have you been to Melborone for the F1 we are fingers crossed planning on going, do you have any idea of ticket prices?

Cheers

Sue x