Hello Everyone

Guest Fly Away

Guest Fly Away

Hello everyone,

I'm sure I know loads of you from other places. :v_SPIN:

We're a family of 3 hoping to move to Adelaide in Feb / March of 2009. Visa was granted in september and we are hoping to tie up our house sale this week.

(That makes it all sound so simple.....:arghh:)

Hello everyone,

I'm sure I know loads of you from other places. :v_SPIN:

We're a family of 3 hoping to move to Adelaide in Feb / March of 2009. Visa was granted in september and we are hoping to tie up our house sale this week.

(That makes it all sound so simple.....:arghh:)

Hi

Great news, we be joining you we fly out on 5th Feb & can't wait!!

Guest Fly Away
Is that you or Limahl on the photo??

Welcome and lucky you having your visa.

Hello and thanks. It was a huge relief getting the visa - it took us about 18 months of hard work.

No, it's Andy Warhol in the picture. I think that might give my age away as he was about 20 years before Limahl - although I do know who he is too. LOL :biglaugh:

Guest Fly Away
Hi there and Welcome to PIA - what took you so long?????

We are hoping to go then as well, but still have to "tie up" the house sale AND get the Visa!!

Mandy

Thanks Mandy. I did join about a year ago but had problems with it loading on my pc. Got a new pc and it seems to load OK now. LOL. I was nagged into it by Mozzy - who I know form a few other forums. (I am also spending too much time on the PC and was trying not to get addicted to another one. LOL)

Oh yes the 'tying up the house sale' It's bloomin stressful. We are trying to exchange this week after months of delays and it is driving us mad. Still can't complain when so many other people can't sell. Well, actually I can complain... lol Well done on selling yours.:notworthy:

Guest Fly Away
Hi

Great news, we be joining you we fly out on 5th Feb & can't wait!!

Thanks (must work out how to multiquote!)

Have you booked your flights? I don't dare until we exchange on the house. :err:

Last Christmas in the Uk - YAY!!!

Guest ReadyPenny

No not yet, we only applied for the visa on 01.10.08, fingers crossed for a miracle as new employer wants us there by March. Intend to do the Peter Kay thing ........you know......

book it

pack it

F**k off!!!!

I know it's a long shot but have to stay positive eh? Patience has never been my thing and this wait is going to kill me for sure!!!!

Good luck with yours, am sure it will all be fine

Mandy

Guest Fly Away
No not yet, we only applied for the visa on 01.10.08, fingers crossed for a miracle as new employer wants us there by March. Intend to do the Peter Kay thing ........you know......

book it

pack it

F**k off!!!!

I know it's a long shot but have to stay positive eh? Patience has never been my thing and this wait is going to kill me for sure!!!!

Good luck with yours, am sure it will all be fine

Mandy

Thanks Mandy. The visa thing is a bit of a lottery. Ours took 8 months and 10 days - we applied in the first week of Jan 2008. I have heard of other people with job offers who have uploaded copies of their job offers and their flight tickets and have then kept on ringing / emailing the Diac to tell them that they were due to arrive and needed the visa. This has seemed to work.

Just heard that our exchange is off until next week. It is driving me mad all this waiting too. Just want to move on with our lives. :arghh:

Hello and thanks. It was a huge relief getting the visa - it took us about 18 months of hard work.

No, it's Andy Warhol in the picture. I think that might give my age away as he was about 20 years before Limahl - although I do know who he is too. LOL :biglaugh:

Shows how much I know!! Knew it wasnt Limahl, hoping it wasnt you!! Didnt know it was Andy Warhol.

Hee Hee

Guest Fly Away
Shows how much I know!! Knew it wasnt Limahl, hoping it wasnt you!! Didnt know it was Andy Warhol.

Hee Hee

LOL no, it's not me. PHEW! Although he does look rather cool. I might change it as everyone might assume it's me! :goofy:

Guest Fly Away
Hi and welcome, we fly out on the 11th March, cant sell house so going to rent it out and still waiting for visa. Good luck with you house sale hope all goes well next week.

Jo

The house market is a nightmare. We are leaving 2 rental properties behind but were lucky enough to give our house away, sorry I mean sell for a bargain price. We couldn't afford to go if it wasn't sold.

We should be arriving about the same time as you. YAY!

Thanks (must work out how to multiquote!)

Have you booked your flights? I don't dare until we exchange on the house. :err:

Last Christmas in the Uk - YAY!!!

Yeah we booked through Singapore as you get double baggage if you prove you have the correct visa its 40 kilos each! We fly on Thursday 5th Feb 22:05hrs ohh lordieeee Arrive in Sydney on Saturday morning in sunshine for a few days hollie there & then drive to Adelaide, can't wait espically if we are having artic blasts down eastern side of Britian this weekend can't wait!

Our sale has fallen through so think its the rental market for us, we had a buyer but now he can't get a mortagae but hey not gonna let it spoil things for us, we worked too long & hard to get this far.

Good luck

Guest Fly Away
Oh hello nic fancy seeing you in here, now you are confused arent you

Doris

Hi Kaye, yes I am very confused..... what are you doing in an Adelaide forum????:goofy:

Yeah we booked through Singapore as you get double baggage if you prove you have the correct visa its 40 kilos each! We fly on Thursday 5th Feb 22:05hrs ohh lordieeee Arrive in Sydney on Saturday morning in sunshine for a few days hollie there & then drive to Adelaide, can't wait espically if we are having artic blasts down eastern side of Britian this weekend can't wait!

Our sale has fallen through so think its the rental market for us, we had a buyer but now he can't get a mortagae but hey not gonna let it spoil things for us, we worked too long & hard to get this far.

Good luck

Sorry about your sale. We had 3 fall through. So I know how you feel. :sad: Good on you for carrying on. The rental market is good at the moment so you should be in a good position.

We were thinking of driving from Sydney too. I have family there and they could help us buy a car etc (except of course we would have to do the whole registering thing twice.:arghh:)

Hi Kaye, yes I am very confused..... what are you doing in an Adelaide forum????:goofy:

I just pop in now and again to catch up with someone I know and see what they are up to :biglaugh:

still going to cairns :cute:

Guest Fly Away
I just pop in now and again to catch up with someone I know and see what they are up to

still going to cairns

LOL that sounds very big brother watching someone you know. :huh:

I can't persuade you to come to Adelaide than? :cute:

Guest Fly Away
HI and welcome to PIA :)

Good luck with completing the house sale!

Hi Tyke - nice to see you.

I need all the luck I can get - it must have been the longest most drawn out sale ever known..... :arghh:

Guest Guest75
Hi Tyke - nice to see you.

I need all the luck I can get - it must have been the longest most drawn out sale ever known..... :arghh:

Hiya :)

I'm trying to fink where I know you from............errrrr?????

Take my advice and staple the buyers to the house - they want it!!

Guest Fly Away
Hiya :)

I'm trying to fink where I know you from............errrrr?????

Take my advice and staple the buyers to the house - they want it!!

LOL I will personally staple them to it. :arghh:

I know you from BE and the orange screen but I have a different username.... now you are puzzled LOL.