I need a sponsored job offer.

Guest ukDave

Hello everyone

My name is David Cole,I am a Painter and Decorator from the United Kingdom.

Myself and family (wife and 2 girls age 15 and 20) are hoping to emigrate to Australia (Adelaide) hopefully towards the end of 2009.

But at the age of 43yrs I have to get my skates on.

When I served as an apprentice in 1981 we did not have any qualifications or certificates and therefore I cannot get a skilled work visa, as for this you need an NVQ or city & guilds and neither were handed out in 1981.

I am hoping that someone will see this and possibly consider taking me on as an experienced painter and decorator/paperhanger towards the end of 2009.

I have been advised that a job offer from an established company is probably my only chance of moving my family to Adelaide.

Hope someone can help.

cheers Dave

Guest Libby1971

Hello

I am not sure what other avenues you have exhausted trying to find sponsorship, and if you tried these then I apologise but my thoughts are this...

Firstly, get your resume/ CV up to date and starting sending it to the big companies. If you do a search on www.yellow.com.au you will get some hits, I am sure of it for some of the big companies.

Secondly, in your position, you really need to get yourself here for a 2 week reccie to go round the comanies either to drop your CV off in person or having arranged some interviews in advance for during this time. Phone them and ask if you can come and meet them during a time that you can get a ticket for.

You could contact some of the agencies in Adelaide but I am not sure they deal with your area.

To be honest, I would think you need to be more than a name in order to get a job offer. You need to become a real person with a face to some employers. Most people on this site are not the companies looking for employees but families.

Libby

Hi Libby

thankyou for the info, we are gonna try and come out to Adelaide in the new year.

I will then try out your advice.

many thanks for your quick response.

cheers ukdave

Hi Dave,

First time I have written a message on this site but have just come out of the other side of a long road so wanted to give you some hope.

My husband is a 43 year old floorlayer and we were in the same situation as you.

Back in March we did a three week reccie having previously emailed various flooring firms in advance.

We couldn't agree more with Libby that meeting any potential employers face to face is really important and that resulted in a job offer for my husband.

We then employed a recruitment and migration agent in adelaide to help with the process.

We arrive in Adelaide on 10th Dec with our two daughters and Darren starts work in the new year.

The next two weeks will be busy for us but if you want any more info we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Best Wishes Liz and Darren.

Hi Liz and Darren

thankyou so much for your reply it has given me a little hope, we are gonna try and visit Adelaide in March and i will definatly get face to face with some potential employers.

We have already got an agent from the uk, but do you think it is better to get one from Adelaide or does it make no difference.

thanks again for taking the time.

cheers Dave