OMG, We finally Got Them!!!!!!!!!!

Guest sue-in-oz

Guest sue-in-oz

Hey guys and girls!!!

Have been on Poms in Oz and posted on there before but this is the first time I have posted on this site. I must say, it's a brillint source of information!

Just to let you know, my boyfriend and I received our 457 visas on Tuesday last week :chatterbox:and things are already moving like a blur! I have handed my notice in at work and we are expecting to be in Adelaide for mid-January!:jiggy:

We honestly can't wait although we still have the horrible task of telling people about our move and we will be met with alot of surpise, disgust and resentment :realmad: about our choice so must admit, that is one aspect of the whole thing that neither of us are looking forward to!!!:arghh:

Would certainly be good to try and get involved in some of the social aspects of the site as we are both very sociable people with a large group of friends, that both my boyfriend and I will really miss! I think this will be a defining factor in how much we like it when we get there!!!! He's an avid Man Utd supporter and he's really gonna miss his afternoon's in the pub with the boys!

Anyway, will be good to chat with people that are due over at a similar time so please feel free to get in touch! x

Congratulations!

We're still waiting. 23 days to reccie though! Oh yes. Then we just have to get back to the UK, watch the turmoil unfold here and then hope that from our personal point of view it sorts itself out enough so that we can pack it in and go back to Australia. :biglaugh:

Guest sue-in-oz

Luke,

When did you apply? I was amazed how quickly things went once we got everything sorted with the sponsoring company (they sponsored us both separately). We sent in our application on 23rd September, had x-rays on 10th October, they received x-rays on 28th October and it got approved 18th November!!!

It's petrifying how quick everything suddenly moves! All my family know about the move but he has only been able to tell a couple of people so there's alot more to go! It'll be good though when it's out in the open so we can start being excited ith our friends rather than behind closed doors all the time!

We never did a reccie but we have both spent time in oz before and are both just desperate to get back!!!

Best of luck, I hope your process goes as quickly as ours!!!

HI!

GREAT FEELING ISN'T IT !! WE GOT OUR VISA LAST WEEK AND JUST CAN'T WAIT TO GO NOW

NOT GOING TILL NEXT JULY BUT IT CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH FOR ME:jiggy::jiggy:

LYNNE XX:v_SPIN:

Guest sue-in-oz

Ah, congratulations! Yeah, it is a fantastic feeling but because we're going so soon, it's really hard to concentrate on the day job! Just got so much tto do and sort out, feels like my brain is in permanent overdrive!!! Really just trying to work out what we're gonna do with the house etc as we were going to rent it but think now we may just put it on the market and see what happens!!! Are you all organised and have an idea of what you're gonna take etc? We have so much packing to do, though at least all the xmas shopping is done early!!!

As Lynne says, its a great feeling. Congratulations on getting that all important visa. At present the processing times for the 457 are very quick and i think it has taken us all by surprise how quickly they come through.

Good luck with telling everyone and with the rest of the process.

Guest sue-in-oz

Thanks, I think we'll need all the help we can get!!! :err: I'll keep posting and let everyone know how we get on cos I think telling people has certainly been our biggest hurdle so far!!!

Hey guys and girls!!!

Have been on Poms in Oz and posted on there before but this is the first time I have posted on this site. I must say, it's a brillint source of information!

Just to let you know, my boyfriend and I received our 457 visas on Tuesday last week and things are already moving like a blur! I have handed my notice in at work and we are expecting to be in Adelaide for mid-January!

We honestly can't wait although we still have the horrible task of telling people about our move and we will be met with alot of surpise, disgust and resentment :realmad: about our choice so must admit, that is one aspect of the whole thing that neither of us are looking forward to!!!:arghh:

Would certainly be good to try and get involved in some of the social aspects of the site as we are both very sociable people with a large group of friends, that both my boyfriend and I will really miss! I think this will be a defining factor in how much we like it when we get there!!!! He's an avid Man Utd supporter and he's really gonna miss his afternoon's in the pub with the boys!

Anyway, will be good to chat with people that are due over at a similar time so please feel free to get in touch! x

Firstly congratulations :), things have definately moved so quickly for you, no wonder your so excited . We are also from manchester and have 136 PR visas [ which we got in jan ], we are due to go to adelaide on dec 6th to validate the visas [ need to be validated by dec 18th ]. We are not on one way flights yet [ I WISH ] as our house sale fell through a couple of weeks ago:arghh:, so we have got an expensive holiday to pay for , we are staying with good friends when we arrive , going for 5 weeks. We visited oz a couple of years ago sydney / adelaide and just liked the place so much, and with the uk going down and down decided to make the move.

What part of manchester are you from, and are you selling your house etc, my oh is a manager of a estate agents ,she is struggling to sell ours at present but reckons things will pick up after xmas!!!!, we hope so.

As for your oh missing the match [ man u ] , will he be there on sunday when we beat them again , i have a season ticket at city , someone as to.

GOOD LUCK with everything , and we hope you enjoy adelaide

Wayne n Louise.

Guest KP Nuts

Hi Sue, and congratulations on the visa and welcome to PIA........

We have only been here two weeks (today) but it's great, and feel quiet settled already.

Good luck with telling family and friends.

Guest sue-in-oz

Hi all,

Thanks for all your congratulations and good luck's with telling the family, it's much needed and appreciated!!! We are based just outside Bolton in a little village and as yet have not decided whether to sell or rent the house! We were going to rent and have a friend that is interested but given the current climate we are thinking of just trying to get shot of it asap. We're going to get it valued anyway as we are mid-decoration (to try and improve it as much as possible) and will make the decision from there.

Wayne & Louise, so sorry to hear your house sale fell through, that must be so frustrating, especially with your holiday coming up! When will you be going for good?

We will be watching the match in the pub on sunday, as we wouldn't want to embarrass the city fans by turning up and rubbing their noses in their loss!!! We will be with a number of city fans though, so looking forward to some good laughs with them!:biglaugh:

Best of luck with selling the house and hope you have a brilliant holiday!!!:jiggy:

KP Nuts, saw you on PIO forum and glad everything came good and you got there ok. Hope you continue to enjoy it and hopefully we will feel as settled as you within such a short time!