another newbie

foxychick

Hi all,

Been browsing for a while, kind of addicted to the yellow screen in the main, with occasional browing of British Expats.

LIve in West Yorkshire, hoping to be in Adelaide real soon, we have been on this road for nearly 2 years now for various reasons and it is beginning to get us all down :mad:

House appears to be going through, but you never can tell can you, waiting on a sale for our business, we own a cycle retail shop and hope to do something similar in Oz.

I am quite a social kind of person, and am hoping it won't be too hard to make friends once we actually arrive.

People we have met through Adbrits, like a year ago, are all there living the dream now, as I say hopefully we will make it soon. :)

Rachel

Guest steph&neil

Hi there welcome to PIA!

you sound like you probably know more than most of us! good luck with the visa & business plans;)!

steph x

Guest The Bowmans

Hi Rachel

Welcome to PIA and good luck with your application. I agree it is a long road but it's what's at the end of it that keeps us all going I suppose!

Good luck with the house/business sale too. I'm sure finding new friends in Adelaide won't be a problem - there's enough of us on this journey to fill a small stadium!

Deena :)

Guest dglamoore

Hi and welcome to PIA

Good luck with the business relocation :) am sure you will do well here as so many cycle paths!

Lisa:cool:

Thanks for the replies guys.

"custard court" :D

Will be nice to eventually get there and hopefully meet some of the people from the forums, put faces to names. Just need a bit of a helping hand from lady luck.

Deena - we have our visa already, we have had it for nearly 2 years unfortunately, several things have delayed us - one major one being my father in law got sick last year and we made the choice to stick around until he died, this obviously delayed our plans. It was the 100% the right thing to do for us but it is putting us under a fair bit of pressure time wise now.

rachel

Guest Guest75
Hi and welcome to PIA

Good luck with the business relocation :) am sure you will do well here as so many cycle paths!

"Cycle paths"????

Well I know there are a few nutters but nothing that dangerous is there???:eek::eek:

Guest RandC

OOOh very witty Tyke!

welcome to the site Rachael - sorry to hear about your father-in-law. I'm sure you'll make loads of friens when you get to Adelaide.

Cari :)

Guest bev_stef

Hi Rachel

Welcome to PIA. A great site for meet people. Sorry t hear about the rough year you've had but good luck with your move, hope it won;t be too long for you.

Bev

Guest dglamoore
"Cycle paths"????

Well I know there are a few nutters but nothing that dangerous is there???:eek:

you are quick on the ball - any sharper you would cut yourself :P:D

Guest mOZzy

hi rachel and family!

seems like you are putting a stamp on this road to oz well enough already ;)

hope the rest goes smoothly for you!

Guest Aussiebound

hi mOZzy

Hows all the preparation going for TRA, have you sent it off yet?

Our visa should be ready for off in the next week - scary!!!!!

from Sarah

Guest mOZzy

well i wish it was off already!!

i swear lots of grey hairs since we started that one :eek:

BUT we only wait for oh's birthcertificate, then i need him to get some passport photos and well then it should be ready to go ... so soon i hope!!!!

your visa already! i bet that was easypeasy compared to the tra ;)

'fingers crossed' anyways!!!